Why My New Person Is Worth Fighting For

Why My New Person Is Worth Fighting For

Do not let the friends who walked away keep you from opening up your heart one more time.

36
Why My New Person Is Worth Fighting For
One Tree Hill

“People always leave,” is the famous saying by the character Peyton Sawyer on the TV series, "One Tree Hill." This saying is not dramatic and this saying is not shallow; this saying is painfully and utterly true. People do leave and when they do, they seem to demoralize the meaning of trust. So many times throughout my life I have opened up my eyes to only see a fading shadow of a person I once knew. As the shadow continued to fade, I continued to hold on to every last piece of happiness they once gave me. Soon enough, the shadow completely disappeared along with my hope for friendship. It was terrifying moving forward without the person I once confided in, especially knowing I had to find "my person" all over again. The pain from the friends who left may never disappear, but that pain can be shaded by the love of someone new. Finding a shoulder to cry on, finding a hand to hold, and finding a person who is willing to take away the demons was worth the risk. After losing so many friends, I finally stumbled upon one worth trusting. I learned that you have to lose some "great" people in your life if you ever expect to find your ideal friend. Consider a lab experiment: you have to conduct many testings if you ever expect to come to a correct hypothesis. It may take two times or it may take a hundred times, but in the end you will always find your solution. Friends will come and go, but real love never leaves. So, never let the people who have left you keep you from finding happiness somewhere else and here is why:

1. Your true person WILL NOT give up on you.

Everyone who has walked away from you, simply gave up on you. They did not deserve to be in your life, but your true person will always walk in the same direction as you.

2. Your true person WILL stay even if it gets hard.

Did you ever lose a friend because of one big fight? Well, I did too and it should not be that way. You will fight with your friends, but a fight should not determine your future.

3. Your true person WILL deal with your trust issues.

We have all got our heart broken at some point in our lives, whether it was from a boy or a girl. Because of this we tend to keep a guard up for fear of it happening again. Well, your true person will work with your issues and find a way to help you reopen your heart.

4. Your true person WILL always care.

There will come a point in your life when you realize your "friends" do not care as much as you thought they did. Your true person will never go a day without thinking about you and your happiness.

5. Your true person WILL always be there to help you through a hard time.

Many of your "friends" will say, "I am here for you if you need anything," but when the time comes, they're nowhere be found. Only your true friend will be there to listen to you and help you through your struggle.

6. Your true person WILL support you. Your true person will make sure you are always put on a pedestal, even when you feel like you do not deserve to be.

7. Your true person will always tell you how it is.

No matter how much it may hurt your feelings, your true person will always be honest with you. Your true person will rather hurt you, instead of watch you get hurt in the future.

8. Your true person WILL make you feel safe.

When you are feeling scared or anxious your true person will always be able to comfort you, even through your darkest moments.

9. Your true person WILL engage in your weirdness.

Many of your "friends" may look at you with a glare when your silly side comes out, but your true person will help you create more of a ruckus.

10. Your true person WILL always make you feel loved.

Many of your "friends" may put you down and even make you feel less than who you are. Your true person will never make you feel worthless, because they know how special you are.

11. Your true person WILL NOT leave like everyone else.

You may watch many people walk away from you, but your true person will never leave you behind.

12. Even when your jealousy kicks in...

Just like a relationship, we also get jealous in a friendship. After losing friends, it is hard to believe it will not happen over and over again. Well, your true person will always make sure you know that they are there for the long run.