Why My Major Is My Passion, And Yours Should Be Too

Too many people in our society wake up everyday dreading to go to work... I however, will not.

40
tumblr

Too many people in our society go through each day of their lives dreading to wake up in the mornings because they view their careers as a chore.

I, however, will not.

It's your life. Why go through four years of hard work and end up doing something you despise merely because of the money.

Why not master these four years and be able to wake up each and every morning after that with pure excitement; ready to go to work, and do what you love?

Writing has been my passion for as long as I can remember. Being able to write down anything and everything on your mind has always been intriguing to me.

I mean, it's like you're creating your own world with a pencil and a sheet of paper, but growing up I was always told that I should study to become a doctor or lawyer...but not for the reasons of helping people; for the pot of gold you get at the end of every year.

Which is ridiculous to me...

I know of so many kids that were raised on the platform of "becoming rich..."

Instead of teaching a kid to grow old and become rich, why not teach kids to grow up and be happy...you can't put a dollar sign on happiness.

When I tell people I am a Journalism major, they are generally supportive, but every once in a while I can tell that they are skeptical on whether or not they believe journalism is a practical major or not.

But, while journalism may not be a lucrative or easy route to take, I know for a fact that I will end up loving anything I do within that field.

Many people think that you major is just something you should be "studying"; well it's not. Your major should be something you find exciting. It should be something you love, live, and breathe for.

Just follow your heart. It's simple. If you do not see yourself being excited to go to work in 10 years, then that major is obviously not for you.

Pick something you're going to love exploring jobs and internships for. Pick a field of study where you can't wait to start an internship during summer break.

Please do not pick a major to please people, and do not pick one just for the money. Pick a major that will keep you excited to go through life and discover the never ending possibilities it will grant you.

I know that I will, for a fact, wake up every morning excited to go to my job... and you should too.