I can honestly say that sometimes I miss my dogs during college more than I miss people. Personally, I believe my dogs are the best in the world. No other dog can compare. When I say that I miss them more than people, understand that I love my family and friends, it's just that nothing can compare to cuddling with your dog after a long day. I miss that the most while I am away from home.
Heres five reasons why I miss my dogs the most during college:
1. They act extremely happy to see you when you come home from college and then it's as if you never had time apart. Unlike people, time doesn't matter to dogs. You could be gone for years but you dog will love you just the same when you return. Your friendship is just so strong that you both know the love is everlasting.
2. They don't nag you with chores to do or ask you questions about whether you have a boyfriend. They don't care if you sleep until noon, as long as you let them out to pee when you wake up, they will lay beside you as long as you want.
3. They don't care about what you did in college, all they care about is having you back home with them. When you tell them about the mistakes you made and the embarrassing stuff you said, they just look at you lovingly. Judgement is never in your friendship, to them, you are perfect.
4. They are such good listeners, even when they don't care what you're talking about. They don't give you crap about making bad decisions or ask you a million questions, they just listen.
5. They are so stinkin' cute! No matter the humidity, time of day, or situation, they will always be there for you ready for a back scratch. They truly are man's best friend.