Seven seasons, 158 episodes and over 92 hours of total showtime. "Boy Meets World," or what I called the "Cory and Topanga Show" was iconic. Millennials learned when Mr. Feeny taught, laughed at Shawn's jokes, "aww'd" at the love scenes between Cory and Topanga and, most importantly, learned critical life lessons. When I first heard Disney Channel was creating "Girl Meets World," a revival of my favorite childhood show, I cringed. Two seasons, 19 episodes and more than seven hours of total showtime. "Boy Meets World" is sacred territory. "Girl Meets World" had a lot to live up to and I wasn't sure it was going to make the cut. However, two seasons later, I am proud to say that the cast and crew of the newer Disney Channel show has done a terrific job so far. "Girl Meets World" lets millennials revisit the crazy and mischievous world of the Matthews family and see how the characters we fell in love with shape and prepare their chilren for the future. Here are 17 reasons to binge-watch "Girl Meets World."
1. The Reunions
3. Seeing the cast all grown-up, teaching their life experiences to the next generation
4. Shawn being the father-figure to Maya that Mr. Turner was to him
6. Mr. Squirrels, Eric Matthews, Mayor of St. Upidville and Senator
7. Cory teaching his class important life lessons, just as Feeny did
8. Like mother, like daughter
9. This scene
10. Riley and Lucas are no Cory and Topanga, but they are pretty adorable.
11. Riley and Maya envision past "Boy Meets World" scenes.
12. Squad goals
13. Style throwbacks
14. Similarities that leave millennials swooning
15. Farkle Minkus, Stuart's son, or scientific clone? No one is sure.
16. "No Homework, More Freedom!"
17. Riley and Maya are the best of friends. The may even be tied with Shawn and Cory.