Why Lying is NEVER the Answer

Why Lying is NEVER the Answer

"Oh What a Web we Weave, When we Practice to Deceive"

184
Viral Novelity

The one thing that always sticks with me is my mother saying to me: "Oh what a tangled web we weave, when we practice to deceive". That phrase sticks with me forever.

Lying is something many people do without even knowing it, and some people do it thinking that they will get away with it. I can remember being younger and watching a TV show that was more for teenagers and my parents caught me in the act of watching it. I remember lying to them, saying I wasn't watching it, even though they caught me in the act of doing it! It was so petty thinking about it now.

Lying is a waste of time. One lie turns into another lie, which turns into another lie, which.... well, you get where I'm going with this right?

I've had so many people lie right to my face. My favorite lie is when you are talking to someone and they say goodbye to you because they are "busy." But then 5 minutes later you see them post on Facebook or some other type of social media.

Lying can get you fired from a job. It can also keep you from getting a job. If you lie on a resume, you're just setting yourself up to fail.

Many people lie on social media just to get attention. Most of the things posted on social media are pretty much smoke in mirrors. What you're seeing isn't what's really happening 9 times out of 10.

I mean, I do understand why people lie. But, when you sit down and really think about it, why? I mean, if you just tell the truth the first time, you may go through some stuff, but then it's over. But if you lie about something AND get caught, you're in double trouble. Because you are getting in trouble for what you did AND for lying about it.

Lying can really hurt your reputation with others. If people perceive you as being a liar, they will not want to befriend you. They won't want to hire you, due to you being incompetent and lacking honesty. If you get caught lying on a paper, you have the chance of failing the course or getting kicked out of school.

When I was younger, I can say that I was a liar. My problem was lying just to please others. That is another reason why lying is bad. Because it can give people a false sense of hope. For example, if you are staying in a relationship out of guilt, that's a lie. You are hurting the other person, and yourself.

When people fake being your friend and leave you and don't explain themselves, that is a lie and just being a wuss. That's the worst situation because you question if everything you did with that person was a lie.

Lying is just not good at all, no matter what situation you are in. People NEED to be honest, regardless of if it hurts or is deemed "offensive." There is a song by Kelly Clarkson called "Honestly." One of the lines says "Make me listen to the truth, even if it breaks me". I'd rather take the hit of someone being brutally honest than have someone lie to me.