10 Truths You Need To Hear Right Now

10 Truths That, If You're Being Honest With Yourself, You Might Need To Hear Right Now

"Honesty saves everyone's time" – Anonymous

141
Photo by Chase Clark on Unsplash

These 10 truths could be exactly what you need to hear right now:

1. Your loyalty might be keeping you in a situation that common sense should take you out of. 

Remain by the sides of the people in your life who truly deserve it. There are some people who do not deserve us.

2.  You need to be mature enough to realize and understand that you have some toxic traits too, it’s not always the other person. 

We can't and shouldn't always point fingers at one person. We need to always reevaluate, reassess and realize what we are doing wrong. If we don't, how will we ever grow?

3. People ask, “Why is it so hard to trust people?” The real question is, “Why is it so hard for people to tell the truth?”

This is so true because we wouldn't have issues with trusting others and believing their intentions if we didn't constantly get deceived and lied to! Work on always being honest people.

4. If you lose someone but end up finding yourself… you won. 

It's hard to lose someone, especially someone you truly love and care about but if you end up discovering yourself, your passions and the person you were always meant to be because they were weak and walked away, you got something really good out of that.

5. Have you ever gotten in a fight with someone because you told them something was bothering you and they end up getting mad at you? Yeah, cut your losses there. 

This is so sad but unfortunately happens all the time in friendships and relationships. We should be able to express ourselves and how we feel to those who care about us without them (or vice versa), without anyone taking it personally and going into attack mode.

6. Ask yourself if what you’re doing today is getting you closer to where you want to be tomorrow, if not, fix it. 

There is always room for improvement in yourself and your life. That should be a constant and daily goal of yours to stop and think, "is this going to progress me towards the life I want to live?"

7.  How we walk with the broken, speaks louder than how we sit with the great. 

This is such a true and powerful statement. And I believe we should all try and get into this mindset.

8.  You don’t grow where you’re comfortable. 

If you just constantly stay in one spot, how do you ever expect to grow? If you never go after your dreams or put yourself out there, how do you ever expect to move in life?

9. Always remember: Someone’s effort is a reflection of their interest in you. 

Someone said this to me recently and I just was in complete awe, because it's so unbelievably true! And this is something we should all try and remember when we feel we aren't getting the love or treatment we deserve.

10. If this generation built up their heart and soul as much as their bodies, then more people and relationships would be in much better shape.  

This generation in particular is constantly trying to build their bodies and physical appearance, but can you imagine if we even put half the effort of that into taking care of our minds and souls, how much better people we would all be?

It's tough love because there are some things that some of us might just need to hear in order to apply it to ourselves and our lives. If anything struck you, then you know it's something true for you right now and I encourage you to apply it to your life from this day forward! Have courage and be brave enough to be honest with yourself and others.