Why I Love Being An Only Child

Why I Love Being An Only Child

I have grown accustomed to my way of life, and honestly never want it to change.
Adrian
Adrian
290

Since I was a kid, everyone has always asked me if I ever wanted a sibling. Honestly my answer has always been no. Not only do I just prefer being an only child, I am so grateful that I am. I get everything I want, I have no one else to be responsible for, or anyone above me. Being an only child is the greatest gift I have ever received and I thank God for it everyday.

Being an only child has allowed me to create an unbreakable bond with both parents, that is irreplaceable. If I were to have a sibling it would be different; my parents would have to be able to be there for both of us not only emotionally but on everyday tasks. For example, my entire life I have played softball and for the majority of it my father coached and my mom attended every game. With a sibling, I would never have been able to do that.

Along with sports, I was able to do anything I ever desired whether it was sports, music, dance, anything. I loved every minute I got to try something new. Anything I could ever want to try I was able to. Not only did I dance for seven years, but I went to cooking school, private softball coaches, etc. With another child in the picture, I don’t know if my family’s finances could afford for more than one child to do all of these activities.

Finally, everyone thinks about only children as lonely people. In my case it is the exact opposite. It give you reasons to go out, to have friends, to have a strong relationship with your parents. As an only child, you are forced into forming relationships, and these relationships especially with friends can be just as strong as the sibling you do not have.

At the end of the day, my love for being an only child may seem conceited, but it’s just because I have grown accustomed to my lifestyle. Life would be very different with a sibling, but as of now I am perfectly fine as an only child. I cannot imagine my life if there was another person that was similar to me, or different but connected to me and my parents. I have grown accustomed to my way of life, and honestly never want it to change.