Why It's Okay That You Can't Save Yourself

Sometimes it takes someone to help save you from yourself

190
www.collegetimes.com

When you go through a lot of things in your life, sometimes you become bitter and depressed. You push people away, you try to keep people out of your life, and you don’t think that you can be fixed. You’re convinced that no matter how hard you try, you can’t do anything right. You tell yourself that you want to be alone forever, and that you’re incapable of loving someone because of past relationships, but someone changes you mind. Through all of these trying times, you hear people telling you no one should have to save you, and that you should “save yourself”, but sometimes, it takes someone to save you from yourself. And that is okay.

It’s okay that you can’t save yourself, because sometimes you don’t know how. Sometimes you know that you need to change some things about yourself, but you’ve gone on so long doing the same things, you’re not sure how to change yourself. You’re afraid that people will think you’re only changing yourself for a certain person, but really, someone is just bringing out a different side of you that you had never seen before. Sometimes someone brings out the person you’ve never knew you were to begin with.

It’s okay that you can’t save yourself, because why should you have to go through changes alone? If someone wants to help you throughout this crazy thing called life, why shouldn’t you take them up on that opportunity? Sometimes, the reason why people refuse to change is because they might have to go through hard times alone. What is a better motivation than someone by your side along the way?

It’s okay that you can’t save yourself, because sometimes, you don’t know that you need to be saved. After making habits and believing yourself after so long, you don’t believe that you need to change for the better. You don’t think that your lifestyle is toxic to yourself, until someone shows you how life should really be. You don’t realize how happy you can be, until someone shows you real happiness. Sometimes it takes someone to show you how life really should be before you realize you were living life all wrong in the first place.

While it’s okay to admit that sometimes you can’t save yourself, it’s also important to let the people that helped you along way know that they’re important to you. The people that help bring out the best in others are the kind of people you don’t want to miss out on or lose because you don’t show your appreciation. It’s especially important to thank them for everything they’ve done, because sometimes, they honestly have no idea. Life is a long and winding ride; appreciate the people that choose to stay along with you through the hard times. Not everyone will choose to do the same.