Why It’s Important To Remember The True Reason for Christmas This Holiday Season

101

For those of you who are religious and accept Jesus Christ as your savior, you know it’s easy to get swept away in the excitement of the holiday season and forget the importance of celebrating Christmas in the name of God. With all the present exchanging, holiday parties, and Christmas decorating, you may lose track of the spirit and essence of what this holiday is all about. When you take a step back and remember this season is about honoring the life of Jesus, you will most likely find yourself celebrating Christmas the way He would.

First, throughout this holiday season give generously like Jesus. God gave His only Son simply out of unconditional love, so you too can be charitable and giving by embodying God’s love to others. Being a follower of Christ is about letting go of the selfishness and greed you may possess in exchange for generosity. In the end, you may be surprised to find that the best gift you receive this holiday is the feeling of joy when you give to others.

Additionally, take time to focus on loved ones and show them how much you care during this Christmas. Make the holiday season about strengthening your relationships rather than focusing on shopping for the latest technology or attending the coolest holiday party. These aspects of the season are fun and should be enjoyed but don’t necessarily have to be on the top of your agenda. When you take a moment to pause and focus on cherishing those that mean the most to you, the season becomes less about material goods and more about Godly relationships. So emanate love to friends and family just as God provides unconditional love to all.

Open your doors to those that don’t have loved one’s to celebrate with, as well. God does not pick and choose who He loves, rather His love his unconditional. So you too can extend a helping hand to those that may be spending the holiday season alone and invite them into your homes. Christmas is about caring for others so spread love to all those around you just as God would Himself.

So, this Christmas, take the time to renew your faith with God and show others what it’s like to be a follower of Christ. Graciously give because all that you have in life is because of God’s generosity. Be a blessing to others and radiate love to both those you care deeply for and those who may need your warmth and friendship. Reminding yourself to focus on the original reason for celebrating Christmas will help you truly appreciate and enjoy the holiday spirit this season.