10 Perks Of Being The Baby Of The Family

You're the middle child? Can't relate.

377
Hayley Boehm

Aside from a few, I'm the youngest child in my friend group. All of my friends are either the middle or oldest child, and they don't quite get the perks of being the youngest. Here are a few reasons as told by Milania Giudice from the "Real Housewives of New Jersey," because although she's no longer the youngest, she sure does act like she still is:

1. Your parents always believe you.

You could blame virtually anything on your older sibling, and they'd more often than not take your side. All you have to do is act a bit cuter than you usually do, and they're wrapped around your finger.

2. You never had the responsibility of being a caregiver.

Growing up, my dad traveled a lot, and when my mom was at work, my older sister had to look after me. You were allowed to be a mess because you weren't the one in charge.

3. You could do whatever you wanted.

Standing on the counters? Sure. Slide down the staircase railing? Of course! The opportunities are endless.

4. You're on the receiving end of "family bonding."

Since you're the youngest, you're the biggest target. As long as there were no broken bones, you were in the clear.

5. Your parents knew what they were doing by the time you rolled around.

They joke about how they experimented with your older siblings, but you know they're secretly being truthful.

6. You were spoiled.

Whether you were actually spoiled is debatable, but your older siblings never miss an opportunity to complain about it.

7. Your parents go easy on you.

Again, debatable. Again, your siblings never cease to complain about it.

8. You were childish because you could be.

Your older siblings had to be the mature ones for you. You could be as immature as you wanted because ultimately, it fell back on them and your parents.

9. You got all the attention you knew you deserved.

Your parents' friends never missed a chance to tell you how cute you were, and you soaked it in every time, much to your older siblings' jealousy.

10. But at the end of the day, you wouldn't change a thing.

You're thankful for your older siblings and parents for taking care of you and giving you what you needed, because, without them, you wouldn't nearly be the person you are today.

But you still won't let anyone forget that you're the funny one.