Why It Saddens Me To Hear People Laugh About Kim Kardashian's Robbery

Kim is a woman, a celebrity who was taken advantage of and robbed, and no part of that is humorous to me.

37
Instagram

Since the news broke out about Kim Kardashian's infamous robbery I have happened to over-hear a lot of negative comments on the subject. I've heard classmates and colleagues laugh at the fact that this woman, who is so heavily guarded by security, could be robbed. How can a woman so famous and "untouchable" be stolen from? How can Kim Kardashian really be robbed like a common citizen?

Well here's the thing, as a devoted Kim K. lover and follower, I feel nothing but sympathy and pity for the beautiful, Armenian, fashion icon. Kim was entering her and Kanye Wests' Parisian apartment just a few days ago when two men dressed as Paris police officers tied her up in her bathroom, gagged her with duct-tape, and left her to steal her valuables. One of these valuables being her multi-million dollar wedding ring. After wiggling her hands free from the restraints, she ran to her apartment balcony and screamed for help.

And people are laughing about this poor woman's troubles.

Regardless of if you like or respect Kim Kardashian, you have to realize what was going on in her mind at the time of the robbery. Kim states in multiple interviews after the event that she immediately feared that she was going to be raped by her attackers. Any woman should sympathize with this fear.

So where were her bodyguards? Well imagine being so famous and recognizable that no matter what state or country you are in, people scream to see and touch you- Kim Kardashian is continuously bombarded with fans. And so, it is not uncommon for her to go into her apartments or homes without her security flanking her. She wants some alone time every once in a while, just like everyone else. She assumed her apartment was safe. But, authorities have concluded that one of Kim's own security member, or an employee of the apartment building must have tipped off the robbers, and helped them identify her room and lack of security at the time. She was betrayed by an employee or security team member-that is why she was alone and vulnerable. That is why she feared for her safety-her life.

And that is why it sickens me to hear peers and colleagues laugh about this. Sure, it is a bit ironic that woman so rich and famous could be robbed, but there is nothing funny about a woman thinking she is going to be sexually-assaulted.

Just two days ago Kim was spotted leaving her home in New York with husband Kanye West and children North and Saint West. Kim's body language toward the paparazzi and her grungy "dressed for comfort" outfit reveals a lot about what the celebrity must be going through. Kim has also stated that she "blames herself" for the incident. She blames herself for being tied-up and gagged in her own home. She blames herself for being robbed and taken advantage of.

And I just find that despicable. For those fellow fans of Kim Kardashian, I hope we can all agree that we're praying for you Kim. We wish you the best recovery from such a traumatizing event, and we're so happy that you have an immensely strong family and support system behind you.