Why It Is Okay To Be Single In College

Why It Is Okay To Be Single In College

Embrace being single and live it up!

4
Why It Is Okay To Be Single In College
https://unsplash.com

Being single in college isn’t as bad as people make it out to be. A lot of people are set on meeting their future significant other.

On the other hand, I am happy being single and here’s why.

College is the time when people grow. For me, it was moving to a whole new state and meeting people who come from completely different backgrounds than me. It was a whole new atmosphere to get used to. Also, the weather played a role in it. Oregon skies cry all the time. To those who are sad about being single or not having a significant other, I want you to realize that it is not a bad thing at all.

College is a brand new start. Depending on where you are attending, there probably will not be many people from your old high school.

I am in my second semester of my sophomore year, and I am quite glad I came to Corban single.

I have the freedom to go out with my friends. I also try to interact with the boys and get to know them on a friend level. Being just friends with guys is probably the smartest thing that a girl can do. You have to learn to put yourself out there and be open to new opportunities. It is so beneficial.

I can stay up late cuddled in my bed with a good cup of tea watching my favorite shows on Netflix. I don’t need anyone special to make plans with. I have awesome friends who are always up for an adventure and invite me on their fun adventures. This world puts so much value on dating that people forget that it is okay to be single and to own it. I love going out with friends while also being able to just be alone and have my own time.

Whenever anyone asks me if I want to go on a day trip I can definitely say yes! I don’t have to worry about making plans with anyone else or have anyone question who I am with. I can just have fun and relax.

This past weekend I went on a hiking trip and had an amazing day of exploring. I got to hang out with some quality people and make memories.

Another good thing is I can be selfish with my money. If I want to spend money on an extra coffee, I can do it. If I want to get that new jacket, jeans or shoes, I totally can. I can also spend money on my friends who do not have as much as I have.

Self-worth comes from you and no one else. I do not need a man to tell me I am pretty to make myself feel better. I know that I am strong and independent.

Let’s be real, you’re looking for your bridesmaids in college, not groomsmen.

Last but not least, freedom, let it ring.