You Should Try Yoga At Least Once

You Should Try Yoga At Least Once

Been looking for a fun relaxing hobby, or trying to make yourself more flexible... Give it a try!

134
You Should Try Yoga At Least Once

With this New Year officially being here now we can no longer pretend like it isn't coming. It's here and there is no more running from it let's run towards it. I don't know if you have ever thought about yoga or possibly hate it. Maybe you have had bad experiences or don't consider yourself an able body of doing it. I, myself never thought I would be able to do it, or that I would ever enjoy it. Honestly, though it is very enjoyable, I'm sure it also depends on who the instructor is along with the environment you are doing the yoga in, and how much it costs, etc. But I know everyone has they're New Years resolution's and are usually trying to better themselves which is what we should be trying to do every day, but this gives us more motivation. I decided I'm not going to change myself unless I feel I need to. I just went to a yoga class though recently after not having gone in a while and remembered how much I liked it because it is truly relaxing.

It's not only relaxing though, yoga has a lot of positives to it not counting the positive attitude you should try and arrive with, but will defiantly leave with! It also builds up a lot of muscle strength. Strong muscles don't only look good, they also protect us from conditions like arthritis, back pain, and help prevent falls in elderly people. And when you build strength with yoga, you balance it with flexibility. Yoga has also been known to help people sleep better, and get fewer colds, and feel more relaxed and overall at ease. While practicing yoga, you will most likely learn a little about its history. Along with how it has it's own vocabulary, and a lot more about your spiritual side!

I would recommend trying a beginner class first because then you can learn the poses and grow from there. You will be amazed at how much your body will change if you stick with it! Improved flexibility is one of the first and most obvious benefits of yoga. During your first class, you probably won't be able to touch your toes, never mind do a backbend. But if you stick with it, you'll notice a gradual loosening, and eventually, seemingly impossible poses will become possible. You'll also probably notice that aches and pains start to disappear. That's no coincidence. Tight hips can strain the knee joint due to improper alignment of the thigh and shinbones. Tight hamstrings can lead to a flattening of the lumbar spine, which can cause back pain. And inflexibility in muscles and connective tissue, such as fascia and ligaments, can cause poor posture.

Speaking of poor posture you may think you don't have it but we all do, it can even help with that! Your head is like a bowling ball—big, round, and heavy. When it's balanced directly over an erect spine, it takes much less work for your neck and back muscles to support it. Move it several inches forward, however, and you start to strain those muscles. Hold up that forward-leaning bowling ball for eight or 12 hours a day and it's no wonder you're tired. And fatigue might not be your only problem. Poor posture can cause back, neck, and other muscle and joint problems. As you slump, your body may compensate by flattening the normal inward curves in your neck and lower back. This can cause pain and degenerative arthritis of the spine.

I think the best thing you can get out of yoga though is learning more about yourself and what you are thankful for, and what you want in life. You are just happier after it. If you are Feeling sad and try a few classes then, Sit in Lotus. Better yet, rise up into a backbend or soar royally into King Dancer Pose. While it's not as simple as that, one study found that a consistent yoga practice improved depression and led to a significant increase in serotonin levels and a decrease in the levels of monoamine oxidase (an enzyme that breaks down neurotransmitters) and cortisol. I am sure if you try it and like it, you will just be happier with being more relaxed, living a healthier lifestyle, having a hobby, learning new things, maybe you will become a true yogi... who knows. I just encourage you to try... I doubt you will regret it.

Worse comes to worst you can try yoga with cute baby goats running all around yelling "BEHHH" !!!