Why Is my Baby Brother No Longer A Baby?

Little Brothers Growing Up

5
Alize

It’s no secret I love my little brother. Thought due to the fact that suddenly he has become if not one inch short of my height at fourteen is pretty mind boggling. Now I am not that tall, I am a proud five foot and a quarter but I ‘ll round it to 5’2’’.

Lately for a lack of better words, he has acquired an attitude.

It has come to my attention that theyre are a couple of things that I can no longer do with him, some of the basics are as follows:

1. Holding his hand while walking.
    1. Now see this is a gray area… I am allowed to only if none of his friends are around or if we are in a “safe, no one could recognize me zone”
  2. Hugs
    1. Hugs are gross in public and if I try to I get a resounding “what are you doing?” as if its some foreign gesture.
  3. Telling him what to do.
    1. I will get mocked, or get flat out ignored. When I tell you those hormones are raging… I am not kidding.

The changes that I am seeing in my brother are highly interesting.

I remember sitting on the couch with him just relaxing after a long day and suddenly it occurred. He has hairy legs. I gasp and tease him, of turning into a sasquatch overnight. He gives me an annoyed look with a dash of a smirk.

Now don’t get me started on his voice, that childish high pitched voice us non existant now. Its as if he dropped 10 octaves. I can hardly recognize his voice.

I have come to realize that this is all inevitable, his hairy legs will only get hairer, His feet wont be as small as when he was a baby, and yes it will hurt if he bites you due to the fact that he has more than just gums in his mouth.

I can no longer pick him up, now he can pick me up. I can rely on him to annoy me far more, thanks his new found vocabulary that can at times be intruiging... It is a funny thing to grow up, but to see it right before your eyes is definitly an eye opener. It is a as if we thought it would stay in one moment forever and suddenly you blink and you have a "Big Boy" turning into a man.

Yes, that is a picture of my brother from maybe over a year and a half ago, don't be fooled he's got some sort of a stash' going on now.

Au Revoir!