Dating struggles

4 Reasons Why I'm Single

Boys in books are better.

181
4 Reasons Why I'm Single
https://unsplash.com/photos/K9BOrwoFVYc

In this day and age, it seems a lot of my friends are in a relationship while I remain single. Now I'm not saying that's a bad thing but I wouldn't mind having someone to be with.

Can't date the internet. 

This is probably a good thing. If the internet was a real person, I'd have a lot of other people to contend with. Also I'd become even more antisocial then I already am. Not to mention the internet can be trashy sometimes and comes with a lot of drama, so maybe it's better this way.

Can't date music.

If I could take all my favorite music and favorite lyrics and roll it into one, that would be awesome. They would always know the best thing to say when I needed it. They would be there to match my mood if I wanted to cheer myself up or just wallow and be sad. In theory this is great but I need someone to challenge me not just mirror what I want or am feeling.

Can't date fictional characters. 

This one I find the most heartbreaking. Some of the best representations of the perfect guy for me I've found in fictional characters. We could go on daring adventures and would always be there for each other. You're biggest worry isn't whether or not they are just stringing you along.

Fictional boys stand up for their beliefs, will always protect you, no to mention they have a great sense of humor and can fight off evil threatening to destroy the world. Unfortunately, those standards might be hard to meet. That and they have to actually exist in the first place so this one is a non-starter.

They don't know I exist.​

This is also another very important factor in why I am single. Majority of this applies to celebrities but in some situations can apply to regular people. Most of this is really dependent on the fact that the chance of me meeting them in real life is slim to none. This is all based on my assumption that if they did know I existed we would immediately hit it off and get together.

So after weighing the pros and cons of this list, it looks like I'm stuck with going about my life hoping by some chance meet the guy of my dreams or try a dating website and end up with some funny stories about all the bad dates I went on.

The heart of the matter is that in this day and age finding someone you want to be with forever and then making it last is hard. I'm looking for a best friend who I know will always be there for me. I want someone who I can call up at 1 am when a random thought pops into my head and not have to worry about coming off as annoying or just straight-up weird.

I want a partnership where I know we will be on equal terms and always have each other's back. I want someone who I can share all my thoughts and feelings with no matter how random or crazy. Someone who I can count on to help me hid a body and be my alibi. Relationships are great but me I want a partnership.