Why I'm Single
Dating

Why I'm Single

Before loving someone, you should love yourself.

211
Why I'm Single
https://www.pexels.com/photo/man-standing-on-riverbank-248023/

Recently, it was Valentine's day. This is the time of year where couples do the most romantic things they can think of. Even though that's not what the main idea of V-Day is, it's always the same routine every year. When I was younger, I was what you called "thirsty" for a relationship. I always tried to get a girlfriend. It turns out that I did everything wrong. I was so caught up in trying to be in a relationship that I lost sight of what I already had. I already had great friends and a decent family. Why would I need a relationship right now? At least that's what I kept telling my self. The reality was that I lowkey still wanted a relationship. I mean, having friends and family is awesome, but sometimes, I dream of the day when I find, "the one". I always hope to find someone that I can talk about anything with, be there for, and be another type of support. Question is, "When will that happen?"

A Couple Years Later...

Currently, I am a senior in college, still hoping to find a special someone. The only thing is, during my time in college, I've gained a certain mindset where I feel happy and positive about the life I've been given. On the campus, I see couples all the time. They're always showing public displays of affection, posting on social media, etc.; however, that's them. Not me. In one of my previous articles, I considered myself a lone wolf. I still do. I personally see it as an opportunity. I used to complain about being single, but now, I find complaining about it as useless.

Why Do I Like Being Single?

I do not "enjoy" being single. But, I do not hate it either. It depends on how you look at things. I've been single my whole life, and when I look back at it, it was for the best. I have grown into the man I am today partially because I am single. In order to grow mentally and physically, I had to focus on myself. I had to stop thinking about other people and focus on my strengths weaknesses, good and bad qualities, My point is, I needed to change some things about myself until I was able to say that I am proud of who I am. Right now, I'm just living my best life. And when the time is right, a special someone will come my way. I am not sure when, but I have a feeling it will come eventually. It is okay to be single. Don't try to rush into a relationship just because other people are. Being yourself is one of the keys to having a happy life. But, how can you be yourself if you don't love yourself first?