Why I'm In Denial That Pretty Little Liars Has Stopped Filming

My Tuesday nights are never going to be the same!

18

When my younger sister first showed me Pretty Little Liars, a show where murders and lies are an everyday norm, I wasn't totally convinced. Yet when I went back for myself and started watching it from the beginning, it quickly became my daily treat to come home from school and indulge in drama, friendship, and problem solving in the only way that the girls from Rosewood can!

When I found out that this upcoming season of pretty little lairs would be its last, I was incredibly upset as were many fans around the world. Here are five reasons why pretty little liars coming to an end is sad for its mega fans like me:

1. The show becomes an escape

No matter how bad a day at school I had or if I had managed to have yet another fight with my boyfriend, PLL was there to be a distraction, a show that helped echo the growing pains of high school and all the drama that came with it. The show gave a mostly accurate representation of the insecurities and difficulties that come with relationships, something that not many shows can easily master.

2. You get incredibly invested in the girls lives

The Pretty Little Liars girls became my soulmates. Marlene King, the shows writer, did an amazing job at making each character a style icon, a certain voice, a particular force to be reckoned with, all in individual ways. I particularly related to Spencer, the girl who tried so hard to do well at school whilst being over involved and over thinking every part of her life. I enjoyed growing and stumbling through life with my friends through the screen, and longed to be able to find friends as good as those girls became to each other.

3. How relatable the characters are is so vivid

In high school I had a boyfriend like Toby, someone who was an "A" in disguise. Someone who was actually getting information from me in order to plot against me, against my heart. I cried along with Spencer as I remembered the absolute heartbreak I experienced when I realized the true intentions of this guy, just as spencer did outside of his apartment. I will miss following their lives as they echo my previous or ongoing struggles through adulthood.

4. The friendships they have are ones we truly long for

Friends who would jump in front of cars for each other or SOS each other or cry together. The friendships the show displayed remind us what true friends are and force us to reconsider our own friends and why we are friends with them. A healthy reminder that those who really care about us will try their best to always be there for us.

5. The plot is never uninteresting

I have seen so many shows where they either put in filler episodes until getting to mid season or finale drama, or shows that lack the balance of drama and normalcy. Pretty Little Liars does a wonderful job at balancing drama and everyday realities. Hence why the show is so popular and draws so many viewers. Whether we are watching "A" drama or Aria getting in trouble with her parents, we are engrossed and intrigued by every episode.

I know I am going to cry my eyes out when I watch the last episode! I have grown with this show, gone through high school, college, and everyday life with this show. I have felt their heartbreaks, cried when Toby was "A", cheered in victory when they found the girls in "A’s" dollhouse. No other show is going to fill the shoes of Pretty Little Liars for me atleast for a long time, but in the meantime I will be re-watching season after season.The show that taught me that friends can become family, parents are usually right, and that sometimes the simple things in life are what really matters!