Why Midwesterners Are Excited For Spring

5 Reasons Why Midwesterners Are Excited It's Spring Now

The flowers are getting ready to bloom, the days are growing longer, and winter is fading away.

38
https://www.pexels.com/photo/white-and-purple-petal-flower-focus-photography-132474/

Winters in Ohio are no joke. You can have freezing rain, negative wind chills and temperatures so cold that it feels like the air is trying to bite your face off. So, when springtime eventually rolls around, everyone gets pretty excited around here.

So, here are 5 reasons why every Midwesterner is excited for spring.

1. You can walk your dog again without freezing your tail off

Image result for dog walking gif

Finally you can take your good boy on a walk without wearing 17 different layers of clothing.

2. You don't have to start your car 1 hour before going anywhere so it can warm up

Image result for vroom vroom gif

Every midwesterner knows the pain of going outside to start the car before they're ready to leave just so the car won't be freezing when they get in.

3. Target is bringing out their summer merch

Image result for target summer section

You know summer is around the corner when you walk into Target and see their delightful patio furniture.

4. You are starting to think about barbecue food again

Related image

After a winter of stews and pot roasts, nothing sounds yummier than some burgers and hot dogs on the grill.

5. You're ready to see the leaves bloom and bring some color back to the world

Image result for beautiful woods and stream

With all of the Midwest's faults, one thing that it does have is some pretty beautiful forests. And it is always especially sad to lose the leaves every winter. But, it is almost worth it when you see the beautiful woods emerge again in spring.