Why I'll Always Love My BFFs From High School

No matter how old we get, we'll be forever young together.

8
Lauren Wilkinson

Everyone usually expects their friends in high school to forget about them and move on once they start going to college, and quite frankly, that is a shame. Your high school friends have been there for all of the typical drama that goes along with high school and countless memories that will last you a lifetime. Whether you had one best friend that you always hung out with or a squad of 20 guys and girls that were always down to hangout, they will always hold a special place in your heart...

My squad in high school were all very different, but we always had a great time whether it was a girl's night out to go see a chick flick or going to a football game with our boyfriends. Every memory counted with us, especially during senior year. We attended as many athletic games as we could, we went all out for Spirit Week and Senior Week, and we welcomed every opportunity to have a good time together with open arms.

Each and every one of us had a different connection with one another, and it just worked. There was always one of us that was better at a subject, one of us that gave great advice, one of us who knew exactly what to say and when, one of us who had great fashion sense, one of us that the others could cry with, or one of us to make us laugh when we done crying. Don't get me wrong, we had our fair share of disagreements (and made our fair share of mistakes together), but at the end of the day when we were having a meltdown for any reason, we had each other's backs.

And even after we'd all graduated and gone on our beach week trip, we did our best to keep in contact. We found out that spending a week together nonstop was the true test of friendship, but most of us still talk to one another, and we do our best to check up on the others every once in awhile. Even though we have all gone our separate ways to different colleges, our memories (and inside jokes) still keep us together.

So, why do I love my high school squad? Well, I love them because they were always there for me. They knew how to make me laugh until I would start crying, and they taught me countless lessons. They are all individuals that I love in different ways, and I'm lucky to have gotten to know each and every one of them.

So, the next time you're thinking about your BFFs from high school, FaceTime them or text them to let them know you're thinking of them and hope they're doing well; you'd be surprised how much that would brighten their day...

P.S. I don't know how they put up with me five days a week for four years straight, but I love them for being able to.