Why I'll Always Be A Grandma's Boy

Why I'll Always Be A Grandma's Boy

It is not just because of the cooking.

61
Why I'll Always Be A Grandma's Boy
Andreas Fanos

I have always been a grandma's boy for as long as I can remember. She has been my lifeline and support for all of my life. She has done a lot for me and I never know how I can ever repay her back for everything she has done for me. There are many reasons why my grandma is the best grandma in the world and why I am a grandma's boy.

I am very close to my grandparents because my father was not around much growing up. I was around my grandparents the most, even more than my own mother I would say at times. Not to take away anything from my own mother, but I do love my grandparents the most, especially my grandmother. One reason I love my grandmother is because of the amazing cooking that she does for me. Anything I could want, for the most part, she will cook very well, whether it is lasagna or chicken or beef.

But I also love my grandma the most because of everything she has done for me. My grandma outwardly spoils me. When I was growing up, my mother worked a lot and she would drop me off at my grandparents' home quite often to be taken care of. My grandma took care of me, clothed me, kept a roof over my head, and consoled me. The person she cares most for is me. She will not even think of herself, thinking about me over her.

Another reason I am a grandma's boy is because she understands me the most. She is the one to get my mother off my back and to calm me down. A lot of the times my mother will say no for me to get something, and she will say yes. My grandma also has a good sense of humor. She is able to crack funny jokes about my grandpa or anything in general. She understands me even more than my mother at times. She has a lot of patience and is always understanding my problems. My grandma also gives good advice and most of the time it works when I listen. Whether it was advice about girls or school or anything else.

Another reason I respect and love my grandma is because of the hard work she has done in her life and raising a family. My grandma worked hard coming from Greece to America working first in a factory to working at Shoprite later down the line for many years. My grandmother worked her way up through society having nothing at first and now in present time having a home and all. My grandparents really are the embodiment of the American Dream. My grandma also has a lot of wisdom along with my grandpa. They also have many unique and interesting stories to tell.