Why high school Isn't the Best Time of My Life

Some say high school is supposed to be some of the best four years of your life, but I have to strongly disagree.

53
polyvore.com

When I think about the school year starting in less than a month I feel like I could throw up.

How is high school supposed to be the best time of my life when I am scared for school to start because of the work?

I'm taking over five AP classes this year, and somehow I feel like that isn't enough.

I am class president, vice editor-in-chief of yearbook, member of National Honor Society, member of Spanish Honor Society, coach of youth lacrosse, Young Performer at First Stage Children's Theater, actor in our school plays, a 4.0 GPA student, a honor roll student, a part time worker at Francesca's, an editor-in-chief for the Odyssey and countless other things.

On top of all of these responsibilities, I need to maintain a social life, a normal sleep schedule, my hours of school work a night and my sanity!

The pressure put on kids during high school is over the top. In the last school year there were three student suicides in my school district. Those are three different kids who decided they couldn't handle their lives anymore. Now, I know we can't blame those all on school stress, but I have to believe if school didn't have has much stress with it as it did they may have been able to better handle other issues.

I want to be able to enjoy my high school years, but somehow I feel like all of my future depends on them. Without a successful high school career how can you get into a good enough college to get a good job? Today's college acceptances, and job market is so competitive!

School has always come first for me, and it will continue to be that way. However, I wish the number one on my list didn't make me want to throwup.