Why Having A Long Distance Best Friend Rocks

Seeing her is a treat, not just an everyday occurrence.

44
pinterest

“After all, seasons change, so do cities; people come into your life and people go. But it's comforting to know that the ones you love are always in your heart. And if you're very lucky, a plane ride away.” -Sex in the City

Lets be honest, it actually sucks having my best friend being about 975 miles away from me. But I wouldn’t give up my friendship with her for anything and this is why..

1. She can be more objective when it comes to issues in your life.

Of course I want my best friend to meet the new guy i'm dating but it's also nice having her so far away and not having met him yet so she can give me her non-biased opinion.

2. Seeing her is a treat, not just an everyday occurrence.

When your best friend lives close to 1000 miles away, it's harder to take her for granted. It was hard going from living in the same little dorm room and being with each other everyday to now only being able to see each other once every few months. But we make it work amazingly somehow. And with that…

3. When you see each other, it's like no time has passed at all.

Maybe it's from the daily face-times and phone calls or the constant tagging in pictures on Facebook and Instagram. Whatever it is, no matter how long of time passes with us going without seeing each other, it feels like we just saw each other yesterday.

4. You know how much your friendship is truly valued.

Living so far away and living two completely different lives now, it is easy to get caught up and lose touch. But somehow we haven’t managed to do that which shows how important our friendship means to us.

5. But no matter how far she may be, she's still my forever best friend.

Does the distance suck sometimes? Of course. I wish I could be with my best friend 24/7, exploring the world and making dumb decisions. But no matter what she’ll always be the Serena to my Blair.

I wouldn’t trade my long distance best friend for anyone closer, and I'm lucky enough that they really are just a plane ride away. (even though I wish it wasn’t).