Why Having A Boy Best Friend (BBF) Is The Best

BBF's are the best.

273
A Sober Head Full of Confusion

Okay… I’ll admit that I’m a little biased when I say “having a boy best friend is best.” My best friend, Jeff, is the absolute greatest! I'll also admit that our relationship looks a lot different from a typical best-friendship betweens girls. We can't have sleepovers and talk about each other's periods, but we're best friends just like anybody else and it definitely has its perks. BBF's are best because:

1. BBF's aren’t afraid to tell you of their opinions

Sometimes I feel girls try to break hard news to you by sugar coating their opinions. But typically boys, don’t really care to sugar coat well, anything. Jeff is awesome because he tells me when I’m being absolute nuts and gives me the truth when no one else will.

2. BBF's are the big brother you never had (or do have).

Boys as best friends rock, they protect and love you like a little sister. Having a big brother figure is so nice because they genuinely support and care about you. I’m lucky because Jeff is actually a couple of years older than me so he really does feel like big brother. It’s such a great feeling knowing that your best friend is so supportive and would help you in any way they could.

3. BBF's “listen” like it’s their job.

Whether they actually listen or not they are great to talk and just vent to. You know that every time at the end of your sentence you say “you know what I mean,” they will always, always agree with you. Because, frankly they either don’t know what to say or they were just pretending to listen. Either way you get your thoughts out into words and appreciate it, somehow, some way. When they do listen to what you’re talking about, nine times out of 10 are going to have a different perspective than you, which isn’t always bad. I love this about Jeff, he makes me think outside my comfort zone and realize it’s not only my opinion that exists.

4. BBF's aren’t quick to judge.

I find it a whole lot easier to talk to Jeff than any other friend. Not just because we’re closer but because I feel like he’s honestly less judgemental. Also the “girly” things I talk to him about, he probably hasn’t experienced, so he can’t really judge them. Which is great when you need a non-biased ear to listen.

5. Making plans to hang out is next to no stress.

Guys are so chill to make plans with. They’re honestly always down for grabbing dinner and binge watching a TV series on Netflix. Plans with Jeff are always super casual and stress free and I absolutely love it. When we hang out we kind of do our own separate thing but we are still spending time together.[rebelmouse-proxy-image https://media.rbl.ms/image?u=%2Ffiles%2F2016%2F11%2F09%2F636142684207451244756526111_anigif_enhanced-buzz-21712-1416309442-4.gif&ho=https%3A%2F%2Faz616578.vo.msecnd.net&s=901&h=c1d230161e82c1e41a01658f1bd2338f8deb8ac713bcae4949befc24a167aae6&size=980x&c=3380857039 crop_info="%7B%22image%22%3A%20%22https%3A//media.rbl.ms/image%3Fu%3D%252Ffiles%252F2016%252F11%252F09%252F636142684207451244756526111_anigif_enhanced-buzz-21712-1416309442-4.gif%26ho%3Dhttps%253A%252F%252Faz616578.vo.msecnd.net%26s%3D901%26h%3Dc1d230161e82c1e41a01658f1bd2338f8deb8ac713bcae4949befc24a167aae6%26size%3D980x%26c%3D3380857039%22%7D" expand=1]

I absolutely love my girl friends, to be honest they’re some things you can’t do as friends with a boy. Jeff is great and I wouldn’t trade him for the world. I’ve learned a lot from him (even though I would never admit it to him). Having a BBF truly is best.