Why I Have A Passion For Photography

Why I Have A Passion For Photography

People Need To See The Best Parts Of Themselves

4496
insideazambia.net
Photography is a way of feeling, of touching, of loving. What you have caught on film is captured forever... it remembers little things, long after you have forgotten everything. -Aaron Siskind

I fell in love with photography a long time ago. I was 13 when I first started taking photos. I captured everything. I was known as the friend who always has a camera with her. As I grew older, I began to take photography more seriously. I knew it was something I wanted to start a career with.

But why? Why did I choose photography?

I chose photography because I want show people the best things about themselves. I want to show the world in a different way that makes people think deeper. You see, photography is so much more then focussing and pressing a button. People who take photos are capturing the world in their own way. If 10 people take a photo of the same subject, I guarantee that the photo will look different from each person.

We all have different perspectives. When someone takes a photo they are sharing their perspective, and I think that is pretty cool.

Photography also tells a story. Everyone has a story. Now that people can capture images on their phones, everyone is capable of telling their own personal story through everyday photos. It is amazing that we are able to do this at the tips of our fingers.

Through my photos I want capture the best aspects of my subject and tell their story. I want people to feel what the subject is feeling. Every time I pick up a camera I love photography more and more.

This summer I was given the opportunity to serve with WinShape camps as their Media Specialist. I will be doing all the photography and videoing for my travel group. I will be doing two things I love most, photography and travel. I can not wait to see the new ways I am going to fall in love with photography this summer. It was so amazing that God gave me this opportunity and I can not wait to see how He is going to use me this summer.