Why I Have Always Wanted To Be Married Young

My reasons to commit at a young age.

175
YouTube

A lot is different today than it was in the 20th century. The view on marriage is one of those things. Many people these days are waiting for their careers to start up before even thinking about getting married. Many people want to start their life before they commit to another. In my opinion, though, life doesn't really start until I am with my other half. Some of the stats I have looked at have ladies waiting until they are 35 before they get married. That seems really crazy to me, but to each their own. I have known one thing for a long time: I do not want to wait that long to start my life.

Ever since I can remember, I dreamed about what my wedding would be like. I wanted to be in a beautiful gown, to marry my Prince Charming and ride off together into the sunset at the end of the night. You can probably tell I watched too many Disney movies as a kid. As I thought more and about marriage, I soon realized that I wanted to start early. Here are the main reasons why I personally have always wanted to get married young.

1. I have always had a gut feeling that I would find the love of my life when I was young.

I'm not sure if it was the Disney movies about teenagers falling in love or just my weird self, but I have always felt that love was going to come to me before I was 20. I have always had a gut feeling about finding my Prince Charming and it never went away. I have always felt like I wanted to get my life going as fast as possible. So if I found my other half early, why not commit to the rest of our lives?

2. I want kids and to enjoy seeing them grow old.

I love kids. When I see families with little kids, it makes me extremely excited for the day when I get to experience that, too. I feel that my purpose in life is to raise a family and bring my kids up the best that I can. The perfect idea of life for me is to raise a family with the love of my life. So why not get married to the love of my life sooner than most people?

3. I want to be able to physically keep up with my kids and grandkids.

This is a big one. I want to have grandchildren (future children, do not disappoint me). I want to have crazy holidays with lots of family. I hope that getting married sooner will enable me to have kids at a younger age, so I will be able to keep up with my family longer. I want to enjoy as many family members as possible before I am gone. This means grandchildren and hopefully great-grandchildren. I feel that getting married young is a good way to accomplish this.

Now, at 20 years old, I am half way to my dream of getting married young. I am engaged to the love of my life. He is the key to all of my dreams and he will be there with me through the life that I have always dreamed about.