GoT Is On A Throne Of It's Own

GoT Is On A Throne Of It's Own

8 reasons why Game of Thrones is the best show on television.

8
GoT Is On A Throne Of It's Own
The Wrap

Game of Thrones just returned for season 6 and the new season reminded me why GoT is the best show on television, and not just because of Jon Snow.

All my friends talked about it, I didn't believe the hype. I was so wrong. I love TV shows; Scandal, Suits, Arrow, they're all great, however no TV show right now can reach the level of GoT (though I hope they try). If you watch Game of Thrones you will probably agree with this list, if you don't watch it...this may make you want to start your 50 episode binge.

1. Each episode comes with the cinematic quality, action, and drama of a mini movie. The show has won 26 Primetime Emmy's and broke the record in 2015 for wins in a single year, just in case you don't believe me. War, sex, love, crime, royalty, and British accents...it's all there in a historical attractive package.

2. There are no commercials (thanks HBO). This may seem trivial however it means there is no break every 5 minutes and adds to the movie feel. You can imagine how much better the entertainment experience is when the show flows from start to finish, uninterrupted.

3. Game of Thrones is one of the few shows left on television that has a theme song. Many shows have cut it out to make room for commercials or save time. GoT has almost a 2 minute intro that not only gets you excited for the show, it also physically runs through a map of Westeros and Essos and adapts each episode and as the show changes and new things happen. How cool is that?!

4. Game of Thrones is the new epic. We love epic stories and series but many of them have now ended such as Harry Potter (sorta), Lord of the Rings, The Hunger Games, and we have to wait years to see the next Star Wars. GoT gives viewers the same epic experience on weekly basis.

5. Its based on books, but now it's not. Many of the series listed above were based on best-selling books series, so is GoT. The first 5 seasons are based on or almost exact adaptations of books from the series A Song of Ice and Fire. However, now season 6 and possibly season 7 are all new material that viewers and readers have theories about but no specific book to refer back to. This season is rouge and it's very exciting.

6. Because GoT has filmed or is currently filming in 9 different countries and more locations, it has generated revenue, jobs, and interest in the entertainment market. As of 2013 (so it's more now), the show had added over $100 million to the Northern Ireland economy. Croatia, Iceland, and Morocco also saw significant tourism spikes after being site locations for the show. Just one more reason why the show is on a throne of its own!

7. Love it or hate it Game of Thrones is explicitly honest. Some critics have praised it, some have hated it. The show clearly displays nudity, death, and sexual violence. There is no sugar coating, however the intensity from these scenes connects you and makes you sympathize with some characters, and makes you hate others.

8. The best reason to watch GoT is because the fandom is the best (no joke it was ranked #1 above Harry Potter and Star Wars) and you'll be able to talk to your friends in depth about the complexities of Cerci, how Sansa and Arya have it the worst, or how Daenarys is the best thing ever. I didn't think a show could connect me more to my friends until we started having watch parties, now I realize what I was missing before.

Wake up, it's THE best show!

Valar Morghulis, can't wait for Sunday!