Why Giving Up is Never An Option

Why Giving Up is Never An Option

Life is tough, but you are tougher.

2410
Why Giving Up is Never An Option
quotesgram.com

Giving Up can be so easy to do sometimes. Whenever you feel like the world is too much, your parents expectations get to you, or school is too overwhelming, the easiest words to say are "I quit." As a person who has played sports my entire life, with coaches who have definitely demanded a lot, I have been through every instance as to where I could definitely have used those two words to end everything... However I didn't. Whenever you realize that you are meant to have hardships, struggles, and most importantly life lessons you realize that you can't just simply quit, you have to press on to be the best you you can be.

1. Giving up is too easy.

What kind of person would you be if you just suddenly gave up when things got too rough? Whenever times get hard, you have to remember what you're working towards. You may want to be that CEO of a Company, that Lead Research Scientist for the Government, that exceptionally great College President. Whenever you look into the past of the people you want to be, you see that they went through their own struggles, and hardships just as you go through now. Always remember that if it's easy, it's not worth having. Giving up is entirely too easy, and as Winston Churchill once said, "If you're going through hell, keep going."

2. There is always a lesson.

Whenever you have it "too good" you never learn from things. Personally, before I started Graduate School I felt as though I had it too good. I had a sense of security, since I had a lot of friends, close family nearby, and also a great school that I knew and loved. Whenever I took the plunge to move to a different state, school, and environment is when I learned the most. Who I am as a person, what I seriously want to do, and also interactions with different groups of people. Lesson are always learned in this game called Life, and it's the hardest ones that help you become the best person you aspire to be.

3. Giving up teaches you nothing.

Imagine if every time there was a war, disagreement, or question you just gave up. Would you ever learn anything out of just simply giving up? Of course not. When you give up, you give up the opportunity for growth. Growth will always be the thing that propels you over the next person. Your future employers don't want to hear what always went well, they also want to hear what went not so well. As opposed to giving up, you would never learn anything. It's ultimately like you do not care to become the best you can possibly be.

4. Life is tough, but you are tougher.

Your body can withstand so much more than what you think it can. Your mind is so dangerous when equipped with the right knowledge, and tools. With these two things at their optimum capacity, nothing in the world will take you down. You have to realize that the world is tough, but you are tougher. You may be down, but you're not out. You have the worst week of your life, but you have to keep fighting. You may even want to continue through life, but remember these things. You are not defined by your current situation. Your faith and perseverance can get you through ANYTHING. You can always overcome what life throws at you.