Why I Give A F--- About Kim Kardashian

Why I Give A F--- About Kim Kardashian

Haters gonna hate.

13
Why I Give A F--- About Kim Kardashian
NPR

By now most of you have heard about Kim Kardashian being robbed at gunpoint in Paris during fashion week. As soon as the robbery broke the news Twitter, Facebook and all social media alike was flooded with comments and memes about the situation, most of which were negative.

What I don’t understand is why so many people feel the need to respond to her time of crisis with such hate. She is a person, just like you and me, who wants to feel safe and not have her life threatened. Just because someone chooses to share every bit of their life with the public, does not mean that we have the right to stop seeing her as a human with every same right that we have. She deserves empathy, she deserves justice, and lastly she deserves respect.

A lot of people like to pick on the Kardashian family because they’re a low hanging fruit, so to say, but what they don’t realize is that the Kardashians are actually brilliant. When Kim’s porn was leaked to the public, instead of sitting back and crying about it, she embraced it (and for all those hypocrites who are out there supporting free the nipples, and other similar agendas, while simultaneously bashing Kim for having a porn and wearing revealing outfits—shame on you). Kim not only bounced back from the shame, she made herself an icon. She didn’t settle for C-list celebrity status, she propelled herself forward and not only starred in Keeping Up with the Kardashians she also launched many successful business ventures including DASH clothing store, fragrances, smartphone apps (including gaming apps and Kimoji), books and several other things that would be too much to mention here.

My point is, she managed to carry herself from literally the lowest point (in the public’s view) all the way up to the top. She’s one of the world’s highest paid celebrities. She even ranks on Forbes top 100 at #42 with a net worth of $151 million dollars. Not many people can say that they have been able to do that, and not many other celebrities have been able to reach her status. She's smart, and people don't like that, but it's not her fault she works smarter not harder.

Not only is Kim a smart business mogul, she is also a family person. She is a very supportive wife (you can often find her snapping herself front row at Kanye’s fashion shows and concerts), and she is always supportive of her sisters and brothers—yes, I’m including the Jenner’s in this. I know what you’re about to say, she and her family are always on the cover of tabloids for fighting. Well, they are just that, tabloids.But yes, I’m sure they fight. I fight with my family, almost, on a daily basis. It’s what families do; they fight. But at the end of the day, the Kardashians have each other’s backs.

Whether you like it or not, Kim Kardashian is an icon. You may not watch her show, you may not buy her products, but she’s still going to make headlines. Stop hating on someone just for being famous—and if you hate her because of that whole Taylor Swift feud, I hope you watched the video where Kim recorded Taylor talking to Kanye.

Like they always say, haters gonna hate.