Why Flowers Are A Terrible Gift

Some girls want guys to buy them flowers. However, I am not one of those girls. Here are a few reasons not to give a girl flowers as a gift.

1. Don't waste your money on flowers, because they are just going to die.

I've never understood why people give the family of a deceased person flowers. I mean, after a few days those flowers are just going to wither and die and then the family will have to go through the grieving process all over again! Also they have absolutely no purpose other than to look pretty, and even that only lasts a very short time.

2. Vanity

Honestly, if you give a girl flowers what are you trying to say? "I saw these flowers and thought they were pretty like you, so I got them for you?" That might sound sweet and all, but if your relationship is built solely on looks, odds are (like those flowers) it's not going to last long.

3. An easy gift

Flowers are an easy gift that don't take much thought or planning. Maybe that's why guys like to give them as gifts. However, I bet she would much rather have a gift with more meaning behind it: something thoughtful that she can tell took some time and effort to pick out just for her. It doesn't have to be big or expensive, just meaningful. If you are trying to make her feel special, that would be the way to go. Skip the flowers.

4. Watching them die

Remember the dead relative scenario? Yeah, it's depressing to watch those flowers you gave her wither and wilt a little more every day. As girls, we tend to over-think everything, so seeing those flowers might cause her to start thinking things like, "is our relationship going to wither and die like these flowers?" or "when I'm not pretty anymore, will you just throw me away like these flowers?" I know, those might sound a bit ridiculous, but seriously, girls over-think everything.

5. Throwing them away

After just a few short days, she is going to have to toss those once-beautiful flowers away. Yet again, this is a rather depressing event that can cause more irrational and unnecessary thoughts about death and dying, which you probably don't want running through your girlfriend's, fiancée's or wife's mind. Save yourself some emotional turmoil and opt for a gift other than flowers.

No, don't buy her flowers. Give her something she can keep forever, something to remember you by. It doesn't have to be big or expensive, just meaningful. Flowers, however beautiful they may be, are actually extremely depressing. Give her something that is going to last, not something that she is gong to have to watch wither away and die.