Why 'Finding Dory' Was Just As Good As 'Finding Nemo'

A new classic is born!

14

Many of us may remember going to see "Finding Nemo" when we were kids! Luckily the Nemo story continues with "Finding Dory," which just opened in theaters this past weekend. Not only was this movie incredibly entertaining, it also had lots of hidden life lessons and advice, as all good childhood movies do. "Finding Dory" surpassed all my expectations, and I don't regret paying for the overpriced movie tickets one bit. Of course, this article is not meant to provide any spoilers, because trust me you want to see this movie!

There is something about this movie that makes it magical, beyond what the current generation of children watching can understand. Many of us around the age of about eighteen have vivid memories from our childhood of "Finding Nemo." While the plot of "Finding Dory" can still be understood without prior knowledge of "Finding Nemo," various references to the first "finding" were evident throughout the film, making the theater experience more enjoyable.

Finding Dory is a wonderful opportunity for you to revisit favorite memories from childhood; it may even be safe to say the movie is in the running to become a classic. Even though the trailer to the film made the movie appear to be similar to "Finding Nemo," this is not the case. In fact, the trailer to "Finding Dory" fails to capture all of the magic that is evident in the actual movie. "Finding Dory" has many twists and turns in the plot, and many heartwarming moments to keep you on the edge of your seat. "Finding Dory" is filled with many nostalgic scenes and moments, which made me shed a few tears.

Not only does this movie appeal to children, but it also appeals to our own generation and beyond. This film shows the audience different parts of the ocean not seen in "Finding Nemo." In summary, "Finding Dory" is a wonderful visit with our favorite fish Nemo, Marlin, and Dory.