Why Finals Season Is The Perfect Time To Start Something New

Distractions are key.

10
Her Campus

Every finals season it seems like you are less and less prepared, despite knowing what to expect more and more. If I could suggest anything for these last two weeks of the semester, it would be this: start a new tv series on Netflix (or Hulu, or whatever). Terrible advice, right? Wrong! It is only terrible advice if you completely neglect to study in favor of watching television. What I am suggesting is that you find something that really excites you. Finals can take a lot out of you and sometimes you just need a good pick me up. That is all that I am suggesting. If, after a long day of hitting the books you feel like you’re never going to understand the material needed for your final, take a quick break and watch something that inspires you, or makes you laugh, or something that reminds you of home. On the other hand, if you feel distracted all day and nothing you have read has stuck, just take the day off (watch some episodes of that new series) and come back even stronger the next day. If you are distracted, you are distracted for a reason. Just get it out of your system. It might be the best thing for you. I sincerely hope that everyone has a very productive and successful dead week and finals week. And hey, we only have a couple more weeks until we are on break!