Why Family Time Is The Best Time

Why Family Time Is The Best Time

Don't take them for granted.

217
Why Family Time Is The Best Time
Wilson Family Chiropractic

It’s the beginning of the semester and you are ready to get out of your house and live the college life. You’re ready to see your friends, catch up and have a grand old time.

You say to yourself, “Get me away from my parents! I need to be by myself for a little while.” That is what I have found most college students say to themselves right before they are back at school.

However, then the semester rolls around and assignments are loaded onto your schedule and you suddenly feel stressed. In my own experience, I can without a doubt say that when I begin feeling stressed, I look forward to going back home. It’s a feeling and wish that most of my friends similarly have.

So, when I came home for winter vacation, I was content. I wasn’t wishing to be back at school. I am not saying that I became homesick. In fact, that is the farthest thing that occurred in my mind. However, I missed my home. I missed the feeling that I had with my family when we were all together. Being part of a big Armenian family, having alone time is not a popular scenario. What I missed most were those things. Don’t get me wrong, I miss all of my wonderful friends at school. They are my new sisters. I wouldn’t know what I would do without them! Nonetheless, when vacation time rolled up, I seized it and have thoroughly enjoyed it thus far.

Take some time to spend your vacation with your family, even if you might not want to. What I have learned is that your family is the most important aspect of your life, whether you like it or not. It is up to you to take the time to appreciate what you have and to not take your family for granted.

So, what I’m saying is not said to force you to play hours of board games with your 90-year-old grandma. Instead, make some hot chocolate, sit back, watch a movie with your family and just relax. If you're up for it and have patience, be my guest and play board games with your elderly grandma! However, enjoy as much time that you have during your vacation with your family. Start the New Year on the right track and give yourself the gift of what you have. I know that I certainly am. I couldn't ask for a better start to 2017 than having my family by my side.