Why Every Twenty One Pilots Fans Must See TOP Live

If you love Twenty One Pilots, you need to see them live.

24
Tia Adamson

If you have yet to hear who Twenty One Pilots is, they are a band who is slowly on the rise. The band has been around for a few years and never fails to amaze. A person who doesn’t really listen to the band may know them from their songs "Stressed Out," "Ride," and their new recent single from the new movie "Suicide Squad"; "Heathens." They are a sight to see, and they certainly were on July 28 when Twenty One Pilots hit the stage on Pinewood Bowl in Lincoln Nebraska and played a full house. Even though Pinewood Bowl was the smallest venue Tyler and Josh played their whole tour this year, the two played their hearts out. TOP had two openers, Mute Meth and Chef’s Special who both played for around 30 minutes each. Both bands were definitely qualified to open up for a band like Twenty One Pilots and sounded amazing with the band.

Every Twenty One Pilots fan needs to see this band live because they do not disappoint. With their song selection choices, light show, and general theme of the concert, TOP gave every fan chills and left them wanting more. They played their new songs from their most recent album and songs from old albums as well. To become more personal with the audience, the band even switched from the main stage to a middle stage and surprised everyone in the middle of their act in a genuine attempt to get close to all of the fans, and not just be close to those in the front.

A reason to love Twenty One Pilots for more than their music and to see them live, is how they treat their fan base. They are very sweet and grateful for their fans and it was shown throughout the concert. Throughout the show they repeatedly thanked their fans for everything they do and the support they give the band. Tyler and Josh also took to the crowd to get even more personal with the fans and had fans hold up a base that held Josh’s drum set. Josh actually played drums on top of fans as they held up the weight. Josh was not the only one getting into the crowd, Tyler stood up and ran around the crowd in an inflatable ball during one of their songs. It was amazing to see two people play and show so much passion for what they do. As a TOP fan it meant a lot that their concert was general admission and that they played like it was the biggest venue they played.

If Twenty One Pilots helped you through a rough time in your life, if you are a dedicated fan, or even if you are a new fan of the band, seeing the band is a must. The atmosphere is crazy amazing. There are people all around you who enjoy the music as much as you do. People who have made personal connections to the songs like you have. There was never a dull moment during the performance and the band definitely came to impress. Josh and Tyler are genuine people who do not play for the money or fame but for the love of their music and that passion radiates through to help them preform a great concert. If you are even thinking about seeing Twenty One Pilots live, do it. I promise you will not regret it.