28 Things That Will Happen At Every Twenty One Pilots Concert

14. FLOWER KIMONO. WHITE SUNGLASSES.

32998

Whether you are a "new friend" or an "old friend," you are excited for a Twenty One Pilots concert. The show will be an emotional ride from "Stay Low" to "Stay Alive".

Here are a few things you should expect to experience during your concert.

1. Everyone will be dressed up.

Well, not everyone, but the die hard fans will be dressed as Blurryface. Expect to see a lot of red eye-shadow, skeletons, and ski-masks! I'm sorry if this scared you, a bit like a hazmat.

2. You will show up early and there will be a lot of people in front of you.

You'll arrive an hour before the gates open, but hundreds of people will already be there before you. Many fans show up early in the morning to be towards the front of the line.

3. If you're lucky, somebody will hand you a card.

The only way to meet Twenty One Pilots is if you get lucky enough, and are approached while waiting in line. A man will hand you a card from a deck of cards and tell you to meet the band before or after the show!

4. Once you're in, you rush to get to the front of the pit.

You have to get as close to the barricade as possible, but choose which side you want to be on very wisely. If you are fond of the drummer, Josh Dun, I would recommend staying stage right, but if you like lead-man, Tyler Joseph, stage left is your better shot.

5. You will endure the opening acts.

Don't get me wrong, Finish Ticket and Echosmith are amazing performers and play great music, but the anticipation nearly kills you.

Photo by Brad Heaton

6. You'll wait way too long in the merch line.

You'll suck it up and wait in line because neither Hot Topic doesn't sell exclusive tour merch, nor does Twenty One Pilots website.

7. The beginning of "Heavydirtysoul" will start to play.

Then all you will hear is screaming. Josh Dun will appear out of the mist like an angel and bang the drums. Tyler Joseph also comes out of the fog rapping faster than Slim Shady.

8. Tyler will be covered in black goo and Josh will be wearing a ski mask.

At the beginning, they come out fully covered in black to represent the character Blurryface and all of his insecurities, but throughout the performance, the clothing comes off and the black goo fades away. This is a true representation of the music taking away all of those bad thoughts.

9. The audience will know every single word.

Some people can even rap faster than Tyler.

10. The audience will scream all of the lyrics.

You might not even hear the actual singer because they are loud and proud.

11. The hanging microphone.

If you don't know what this means, watch this, and you'll understand.

12. Don't you test me no, just because I play the piano...

This doesn't mean that Tyler won't jump on and off of it, and Josh won't do a back flip off of it. It will be amazing and will only happen once so pay close attention!

13. When the whole crowd jumps, so do you.

Even if you don't want to jump and dance around, you will move up and down with the crowd because you are that close to everyone.

14. FLOWER KIMONO. WHITE SUNGLASSES.

War flashbacks to "Ride" and "Lane Boy."

15. From the front to the back.

Tyler is going to ask everybody to stay low during Lane Boy and to burst out dancing when the beat drops. When it happens, it will be amazing, and you will realize that I didn't ruin the surprise.

16. First climb into the audience.

Don't worry if you don't get close, it will happen again.

17. You will realize that these boys are more talented than they lead on.

You won't get a migraine from hearing loud instruments, ranging from drums, tambourine, piano, trumpet, bass, and ukulele.

18. You then realize Twenty One Pilots doesn't fit into any music genre.

This is not rap, this is not hip-hop, as iTunes classifies it, it's schizophrenic pop.

19. You will meet fans who love Twenty One Pilots as much as you do.

Your roommate/ friends/ family might throw you out out if they hear you say that you really, really, really love Josh Dun one more time.

20. Speaking of Josh Dun, he does some really cool tricks.

I'm not just talking about the back flip, I'm taking about biting the drumsticks, looking through them, and twirling them around. He brings a whole new art to drumming.

21. Everything from Blurryface is red, black and white.

And everything from Vessel is blue.

22. You are in the music video.

Or at least you feel like you are. From the dancing in "Lane Boy," to the one hand in the air bouncing to "Car Radio," you will feel like you are in the music video.

23. They are real.

They don't seem real until you really see them with your own eyes. The longer you stare, the more real they become.

24. "Trees" will be the last song.

You might cry when security hands you the board becasue you know that one of them will be standing on the board, banging the drums.

25. You won't be too bummed with the view you get.

Share this article if you got that pun.

26. The experience of holding up your favorite artist is the best feeling in the world.

It will make your life if you get to touch them because you know they are that powerful.

27. They will bow before exiting the stage.

They will say, "We are Twenty One Pilots, and so are you," and you will feel so loved that post concert depression doesn't come until after you've left the venue.

28. You will listen to Twenty One Pilots on the drive home.

You'll also obsess over all the pictures and videos you took, and debate which ones to post on Facebook and Instagram.

You are now prepared to experience Twenty One Pilots in concert. Message me on Twitter or Tumblr with the number of inside jokes you found in this article, and if you get the number right, I'll mention your name in next week's article!

You can find a list of Twenty One Pilot's future dates here to see if they are coming to a town near you (and don't forget to check StubHub if a concert is supposedly sold out).

All photographs were taken by me and professional photographer Brad Heaton.