Why Don't We Just Pick Up And Leave?

Why Don't We Just Pick Up And Leave?

Just live freely.

54
Why Don't We Just Pick Up And Leave?
Tumblr

Why?

Have you ever thought about leaving? Just going some place else? A place where no one knows who you are…your past, your secrets, your insecurities …just a mere mystery.

A whole new world would be at your fingertips. New faces, new thoughts, new ideas.

A new home.

“Where would you go?”

“Who would you be?”

That’s exactly it though. The possibilities that are given to you are endless.

This inspiring world is filled with beautiful spaces you could escape to, all at your given choice.

You could settle into a tiny and comfortable town, where Friday nights are a time for the whole town to gather and cheer on the “Wolves” at a high school football game. A place where you do not only know your neighbor, but also your neighbor’s neighbors and so on. A place where “Uncle Bill’s” is filled with everyone after church Sundays just to get a hold of his famous hamburgers.

Or

You could live in a 10 square foot apartment in a huge city. A place where social life is the most important life. A place where Sunday dinners are mingling and getting drinks at bars. A place where mornings are a sudden rush through the streets, walking past people you do not care exist because you have a 9am meeting.

And that my friend are two choices out of millions.

A whole new existence would be at your fingertips.

You could be whoever you wanted to be.

The misfit? The educator? The go getter? The meditator? The stoner? The singer? The actor? The jock? The scientist? The lover? The daredevil? The musician? The hairstylist? The inspirer.

The opportunites are endless.

When we are born into a certain family and religion, we are automatically steered to have certain morals and ideals.

“You’re supposed to do this…and believe in this.”

We tend to forget that the world is so enormous and filled with so much wonder.

You could right now. at this exact moment -stop what you’re doing and leave. Escape to an island or somewhere glorious just to find yourself.

We all have the power to do so… so why don’t we?

It's that structured idea of being stuck to a specific role that is so instilled into our heads- even rebels have that mindset. They stick to what rebels do, but they don’t ever do the opposite- which is actually being truly rebellious.

And all of this just makes me question this crazy theory called life. Everything and everyone in this world just has a place...

Our lives will always be a balancing act between what we want to do and what we have to do.

Why?