Why College of Charleston Sucks

Why College of Charleston Sucks

Who made the decision to paint the shutters bright blue?

2664
Why College of Charleston Sucks
Glimpses of Charleston

Charleston is a tiny, quaint city located in the Southeast region of South Carolina. Many people swarm to this place not due to its historical charm, but mainly because it has been named the #1 city according to Travel and Leisure. College of Charleston is a public Liberal Arts and Science college located in the downtown historic area of the city. With it being a medium-sized school, I suppose there are quite a few people who actually enjoy living in Charleston, but I'm here to tell you why College of Charleston sucks.

1. Beach

The school itself is located about 25 minutes from the beach. Why would students want to drive 25 minutes just to go to the beach? I'm sure they are so busy studying that they would rather be in the Addlestone as opposed to laying on the warm beach. Who wants to be tan all year round anyways?

2. Location

College of Charleston is located downtown, and close to everything the city has to offer. Restaurants, shopping, and historic museums are all so close to campus that it's almost annoying being so close to everything. The food honestly isn't even that great, and I would much rather go to Chick-fil-A for lunch than anywhere on King Street. It's almost overwhelming how many fun places and activities there are to do.

3. Historic Houses

Why would they keep those old and ugly historic houses around the city, but, more importantly, why would anyone want to live in them? We might as well tear them down and create more modern, up-to-date houses. Slanted floors and creaky doors? Not my cup of tea.

4. Southern Charm

The feeling that I get when I am in this city is a little strange. Some of the things I noticed were people smiling at me while saying "hello" and opening doors. I'm definitely not used to these odd behaviors and I don't think I ever will be.

5. Beautiful People

Walking around the city, I also noticed how extremely attractive all the people are. And no, I'm not exaggerating. Every person you see... 10/10. Honestly, it must be something in the water. Sunglasses are key in this city because you can't help but stare at all the beautiful men and women walking around.

I hope this article helped inform you on all the reasons why College of Charleston sucks. But as I was writing this, I had a slight change of heart. I guess this city is sort of absolutely amazing; hence why it was rated the #1 city in America. Out of all the beautiful colleges that I could have chosen, I am so happy I decided to leave my home and traveled 500 miles away to the sunny city of Charleston, South Carolina. The South was calling and this Northerner answered. I am happy to have found my home at the College of Charleston.