Why College Is Infinitely Better Than High School

Say goodbye to HS.

23
Me

There are two types of people: the kind that love high school and the kind that love college. Generally, it seems that people tend to favor one or the other more. It's not that you necessarily hate the other, just that you seem to lean one way more or less. For me, high school was not my favorite. I dreaded waking up at the crack of dawn and going to the prison that was high school. I wasn't a fan of taking pointless classes and of the cliques and drama that came with it. I didn't think I would ever be a fan of school until I went to college. That's when things changed for me.

Here are some reasons that college is better than high school:

No more pointless classes

Okay, this may be a slight stretch, but overall the classes you take are way more focused on your major and the things you actually enjoy learning about.

You get choices

From picking your major to picking the food you eat, there are many choices that are all you. You decide to turn in your homework or not, you decide when you take a nap, and you decide what classes to take.

Freedom

As mentioned above, there are many choices that you get to make in college. You are the adult and your own boss. With freedom comes responsibility, but it's so worth it.

More Opportunities

In high school, there seems to be a limited amount of things to do. Limited sports (only one team for each sport), limited clubs, and limited classes. In college, the horizon is broadened monumentally. There are so many more opportunities. The amount of clubs seems never ending and the sports range from Quidditch to figure skating to hockey.

Greek Life

High school definitely doesn't have Greek life. Greek life allows you to meet a ton of people that have similar values and interests to you. It's so fun and opens up so many different experiences.

Goodbye Cliques!

College also seems to be less cliquey. There are so many people to meet and no one knows your backstory. You can be whoever you want and it's easy to have multiple friend groups.

College Sports

Who doesn't love cheering on the football team and wearing their school's logo. It's fun to go all over the country and have people who know about your school.

Schedules

Scheduling can be a pain in the butt, but it's still awesome to be able to adjust classes to your liking. If you're a morning person, take the 8 am's. If you hate mornings, then there is opportunities to take late classes. You can take 2-4 classes a day, whatever you like, and have plenty of chill time and breaks throughout the week.

College is a wonderful experience, and I wouldn't go back to high school even if you paid me.