Boyfriend, Here Is Why I Chose You

Boyfriend, Here Is Why I Chose You

They say there's plenty of fish in the sea.

7244
Boyfriend, Here Is Why I Chose You
Lorna Johnson

People say there are plenty of fish in the sea. Over 7 billion people, actually. That's a lot. So how can you really know when you've found "the one." I never really thought I would know when or even how I would meet the person I was supposed to spend the rest of my life with. Until you walked into the room, sophomore year of college, wearing that signature Yankees hat! So what was it that made me realize that you were the one? Boyfriend, here is why I chose you.

You view life as one big adventure! Whether it is spur of the moment, strategically planned out for months, or a random situation we have landed ourselves in, you are always on the look out for fun in an array of different opportunities. You have no fear, and though sometimes that scares me, I admire your way of grabbing life by the horns and going wherever it takes you! Since the beginning, you have pushed me out of my basic white girl comfort zone. And when it didn't always seem like I was thankful for this, I wouldn't want to experience all the crazy things life has to offer with anyone else!

You love my family as if they were your own. And quite frankly they love you too. When I see you help my mam in the kitchen. When I see you drink a beer with my dad. When I see you bond with my younger brothers. It makes me happy beyond belief. My family is the most important aspect of my life, and it has always been important to me to find a man who truly loves them too. Thank you for being this person. You respect them and care for them the same as you respect and care for me.

You allow me to be 100% myself, and there's never any judgment. I mean no makeup on, haven't brushed my hair in 2 days, hoodie and sweatpants, usually only consuming chocolate, and still no judgment. You will even tell me I am beautiful in this state. And I'll say I don't believe you, but deep down I know you mean it. I've never had a boy in my life that I felt more comfortable around. I can sing completely out of tune, and dance completely off beat when we were driving down the road and know you'll do nothing but sing and dance along, while maybe laughing a little at my terrible tunes. I can cry, I can tell you my biggest fears and worries, my largest hopes and dreams, and I know you'll be there by my side. Boyfriend, this is why I chose you.

You remember the little things, trivial things that may not seem important at all. But actions can speak louder than words. You know where my phone charger gets plugged in when it's time for bed. You know I like to put a yogurt and a banana into my purse before work or school. You know I hate being the last one to turn off the light. You know how I like my bed to be made. And you even know my Starbucks and Jimmy Johns orders by heart! I promise you these things do not go unnoticed. And when you go out of your way to do these little things when I'm not looking, I fall in love with you a little bit more.

Boyfriend, I chose you because you showed me what true love feels like. You pick me up when I am down. You make me laugh and smile until it hurts. You have become my very best friend and your motivation towards your education and personal life makes me proud to be your girlfriend. Boyfriend, I chose you for all of these reasons above and because I never see them fading. Boyfriend, I chose you to be "the one" because I dream of a wonderful future with you and I cannot wait to see what life has in store for our relationship.

Lots of love,

Your girlfriend