Everyone Needs To Back Off Of Chipotle

Everyone Needs To Back Off Of Chipotle

Why do people hate good food?

151
Everyone Needs To Back Off Of Chipotle
cliqueclark

It was only a short time ago everyone was losing their minds over the deliciousness that is Chipotle. You had a kid go viral for saying Chipotle is his life, and life is pretty important if you ask me. Chipotle this, Chipotle that, everyone loved Chipotle. However, the bandwagoners have all jumped ship because of a few recent cases of E. Coli (thing is—us true burrito lovers didn't need you anyway). All of a sudden people have had the audacity to say, "Qdoba is better than Chipotle," and some have even gone rogue, and put Moe's above Chipotle. My mind has reached its quota on the amount of tomfoolery it can take, so I am here to defend Chipotle and declare war on all other Mexican Grills.

Just off taste alone you only need one functioning taste bud in your mouth to know that Chipotle is superior to all other Mexican Grills. Everything and everything at Chipotle is delicious, for example, the Sofritas are liked by not only vegetarians but carnivores alike. Most people may not know what Sofritas are, Sofritas is tofu marinated in a blend of spices. Name any other Mexican Grill that can make tofu taste good. Also, enough about the queso. Both Qdoba and Moe's have god awful queso. I would put the cheese sauce from Taco Bells Volcano Taco lightyears ahead of the queso at Moe's and Qdoba. You could melt the cheese from Chipotle and it would be better than other place's queso.

Next is the overall assessment of the chains. Chipotle, simple name, is easy to pronounce and everyone knows what a Chipotle is. The menu is so simple everyone can figure it out: burritos, bowls, tacos, quesadillas, and salads, that's it, end of story, move along. Qdoba is hard to pronounce: is it KEY-DOUGH-BAH or KA-DOUGH-BAH (and don't try to say that Chipotle is pronounced CHI-POT-EL because you'll just be embarrassing yourself even more). Also, without looking try to guess what Qdoba means in English? I'll wait... okay it means "womanly". The logo for Qdoba is a cactus so naturally that means Qdoba means womanly, right? I'm not saying the name is bad but why is the logo a cactus that has nothing to do with women. The menu is not even Mexican, they have BBQ sauce and bacon. Is it supposed to be a Mexican Grill or BBQ joint? Figure it out Qdoba. And finally is the ugly step child, Moe's. Name wise Moe's is off to a bad start. Personally, I wouldn't want a burrito from somewhere named after someone named Moe. When I think of the name Moe all I think of is the bartender from the Simpsons, and Moe from the Three Stooges, neither of which I would want rolling a tortilla for me. Next the menu, what a total disaster, Joey Bag of Donuts, Homewreckers, Overachievers, why is it so complicated. Why give them different names if you can put anything you want on them anyway.

Finally when it comes to quality it's like comparing fresh lobster to canned tuna. Chipotle prides itself on serving "food with integrity", and I'm a big fan of integrity. They only serve pasture-raised dairy, using meats without antibiotics or hormones, and only buying from local farms where they can build long-term relationships. On the off-chance they serve food that was not pasture raised there is a sign informing customers. Qdoba tastes good, but nowhere on their website or menu do they talk about fresh food, or pasture-raised food. And Moe's well Moe's is just gross, I don't trust a Moe touching my food plain and simple.

So Chipotle gave some people E. Coli. At least they are owning up to it and are shutting down all restaurants for a day to regroup. When someone found a finger in their Wendy's chili, Wendy's did diddly squat. I live and die by Chipotle I stand by them through thick and thin.