Why Cheating Is For Cowards

Why Cheating Is For Cowards

The grass isn't always greener on the other side.

3142
Why Cheating Is For Cowards
Photobucket

All relationships are built on the foundation of trust. It's the trust that your partner will be faithful and committed. In college, many individuals just aren't ready to settle down and commit to one person. Between the parties and the drinking, temptations surround you. What makes any relationship a strong one is the ability and willingness to resist that urge and give into temptation.

Now that we know what cheating is, we have to figure out why it is. Why do people cheat? Whether it's because of general unhappiness or the curiosity for something new, cheating is simply for cowards. A coward is someone who avoids things that may be frightening or unpleasant. No one wants to have the dreaded break up conversation. However, if one person is that distressed by the relationship, something needs to be done.

If someone is that unhappy in their relationship, they need to act like the adult they signed up to be and have a serious conversation with their partner. Communication is a fundamental aspect in any relationship. Without talking about things with your partner, you're avoiding issues that have the capability to blow up. Cheating is a prime example of this. If one partner is that dissatisfied with the relationship, and doesn't bring it to their partner's attention, it will definitely blow up. This "blow up" is cheating.

So why are cheaters cowards? They're cowards because they won't address the issues that are facing them. They're cowards because they can't or won't talk to their partner. But most importantly, they're cowards because they do what they do in secret. Cheaters aren't protecting anyone by going behind their partner's back. It's a selfish act that proves they don't care about their partner.

I bet you've never heard anyone say cheating would make their partner happy. Of course not, because it's such a destructive act. Granted you may not love your partner the same way you did in the beginning of the relationship, but that's fine–people change. Some argue that cheating helps find a purpose in one's life. To that, I'd say you're not going to find yourself by searching amongst others. No matter how difficult your life is, or how unfulfilled you feel, there is no excuse for cheating.

Bottom line, if you're not happy in your relationship, just end it. It's not always that simple, and I get that. However, at the end of the day a relationship is between two people. Cheating on your partner may temporarily solve your problems or give you the excitement you've been craving, but just imagine how it's going to make your partner feel.