5 Reasons Why Boston Terriers Are So Doggone Amazing
Life Stages

Man's best friend in a tiny ball of energy.

163
Casey Clarke

Last February, an incredible addition came into my family. My neighbor, who helps a local dog rescue, fostered a Boston Terrier named Maggie who was found wandering the streets of a neighboring county. Since my parents and I are huge dog-lovers, we had been wanting to adopt a brother or sister for our Toy Poodle, Anastasia. Our neighbor brought Maggie over to see if she would bond with Anastasia, and then she never left our home. While I have not been a Boston Terrier owner for long, I have fallen deeply in love with Maggie and the entire breed. So, here are five reasons why Boston Terriers are so incredible.

1. They are so adorable

Casey Clarke

With their large eyes, smooshed-in noses, and pointed ears, Bostons are the perfect definition of "so ugly they're cute." Their black and white markings are both iconic and adorable, they have the cutest smile, and their eyes light up (and practically bulge out of their head) every time they are excited about something.

2. They’re full of energy

Casey Clarke

Don't let their small stature fool you; these dogs are extremely energetic. My Boston, Maggie, almost always wants to run outside or play with a toy. She is always ready to run, jump, and spin her way through our house. Also, she will always stop to play with a toy if it is in her line of sight.

3. They love to snuggle

Casey Clarke

Although Bostons do have a lot of energy, they also are ready to snuggle at almost any given moment. Once the sun goes down, Maggie will barely get off the couch. She loves to burrow under the covers or lay next to someone. Aside from the occasional snore, she is an amazing cuddle bug.

4. They are very quirky

Casey Clarke

Along with all of their cuteness, Boston Terriers have their fair share of quirkiness. Along with just being very hyper, Maggie will sometimes spontaneously run in circles or bounce around the house. She also has a morning routine where she rolls around on the floor as soon as she gets out of her bed. While many quirks are specific to the dog, some of them are universal across the breed. For Bostons, it has to be their unique (and hilarious) voice.

5. They will love you forever

Casey Clarke

Despite the small size of these dogs, Bostons both have and show so much love for their humans. Maggie has always shown me and my family nothing but love and kindness. She always wants to play, snuggle, or show affection to someone. While she has not been with me and my family for long, she has both given and received an immense amount of love, and I could not be happier to have her in my family. If Maggie is anything like other Boston Terriers, I know for certain that they are an amazing breed.