Why Black Bags Will Always Be a Closet Staple

When searching for an accessory that’ll never go out of style, there’s nothing quite like a simple, yet chic black bag.

7

.

When searching for an accessory that’ll never go out of style, there’s nothing quite like a simple, yet chic black bag. While popular clothing items and trends may come and go, a black bag is a timeless addition to any look. Plus, there are so many different styles of black bag to choose from when you’re searching for ways to accessorize your next great go-to ensemble. If you’re considering buying a new black bag, it’s a worthy fashion investment: black bags will always be en vogue, and a closet staple to pair with any look, from the simple to the haute couture.

Still not convinced that black bags are endlessly fashionable? Read on as we break down the reasons why you need a signature black bag (or two!) in your wardrobe at all times.

They Pair Well With Everything

What makes black bags so great is how versatile they are. Because they come in a solid neutral color, they’re easy to pair with a variety of different outfits. For instance, you could easily elevate your casual everyday errand running outfit with a chic leather bag. Or, if you’re looking for a bag that’s stylish but functional enough to carry with you on workdays, you could opt for a large black tote bag that has room for your laptop and other essentials.

While a black bag pairs well with pretty much anything, it can be helpful to have more than one on hand in your closet so you have an array of accessory options to choose from. Just like you’d never have just one pair of shoes, the same goes for bags! Enjoy adding to your bag collection over time with new, different styles of black bag, so you have the freedom to change up how you accessorize depending on your outfit, mood, and occasion.

So Many Styles to Choose From

Speaking of styles, there are so many different ones to choose from when it comes to picking out the right black bag for you. Some of the most popular styles of black bag include:

Crossbody

Crossbody black bags feature a crossbody strap that can be easily worn across the body to make carrying it around a breeze. Often, crossbody bags come with a removable strap, so you can choose to use it as a handbag if you want a different look. As versatile as they are in ways to wear them, crossbody bags also come in a wide array of sizes, so you can find one that fits your style, whether it be a tiny mini bag, or an oversized purse.

Belt Bag

Belt bags are a more sophisticated version of fanny pack that has become incredibly popular in recent years. While you can wear a black belt bag around your hips or waist as you would a fanny pack, you can also choose to clip it diagonally around your upper torso (the most popular way to style it in 2022). Wearing a belt bag around your torso allows more ease of access when you’re on the go, and makes the bag act as more of a statement piece, especially when wearing a simpler outfit.

Large Tote

Large tote bags are ideal for when you need to carry a lot on the go. Use a black tote bag for running errands on the weekends, or as a perfect addition to your work ensemble. Tote bags are also great for those with little ones, whose things you might need to carry around with you. No one said parenting couldn’t be chic! With a black tote bag, you’ll be the most stylish looking parent on the playground.

Trunk

Trunk bags resemble the rectangular shape and metal hardware of a traditional luggage trunk, but on a smaller scale. They’re an innovative alternative to regular softer-shaped purses, and a great addition to any wardrobe. Trunk black bags typically come with a crossbody strap in a matching shade, or a metallic chain crossbody strap that matches the rest of the bag’s hardware, for ease of carrying.

Mini Bag

Mini bags have become all the rage recently: they’re shaped like traditional purses, but on a much smaller scale. A mini black bag is a great addition to your closet to have on hand when you want to make a statement. Just because it’s a small bag, doesn’t mean it won’t make a huge style impact!

In Conclusion

Black bags are an essential to any closet as they’re a functional and fashionable basic accessory. While the color may be simple, there are so many different black bag styles to choose from: whether they be a crossbody bag, belt bag, large tote, trunk bag, or mini bag, there’s a black bag out there for you. If you’re stuck between two different styles, there’s no harm investing in both to build out your black bag collection. What’s your favorite way to style a black bag?