Why I Believe I Was Given The Best Parents

I would like to thank my parents for being just the way they are

100
Anne Ferrilla

I would like to take a moment to give a shout to some of the biggest inspirations in my life. I am talking about my mom and my dad. They have been my best friends through the best of times and even the worst of times: ex-girlfriends, being my biggest fans in the stands at my baseball games, and just being there for me. And now I would like to take a moment to write this article on why I want to thank my parents for being just the way they are.

Sam and Brian Ferrilla are some of the hardest workers I have ever met, simply by putting up with my sister and I. Brian works within the Casino industry as an Anti-Money laundering executive, which means he manages software so he can catch cheaters on the casino floor. He has his own business and has built it from the ground up. He has worked hard to deserve everything that he has in his life. Sam, is a stay at home mom who lives to make sure that her kids are doing well whether we are at school or just down the street. My mom is like any other mother meaning she would do anything for her kids. She was always my loudest fan when I was playing baseball back in high school. If I got a big hit or a big strike out, you would hear her from a mile away. Rain, tsunami, or snow, you can bet that she was there to cheer me on.

These two are also very big into sports, especially Detroit sports. They have season tickets and go to every Lions game and Tigers game. Every home Lions game you can bet that they are at Eastern Market in Detroit tailgating and preparing for another interesting game. They live in Downtown Detroit in a penthouse at the Westin Book Cadillac Hotel and have a dog named LuLu. They love the city life and are glad they moved out of the suburbs two years ago. They believe that the city has called them down to Detroit in hopes of a Lions Superbowl win because of how close they are to the stadium. They can see Ford Field, and Comerica Park from their windows and they always say, “Now since we can keep an eye on them, hopefully, they won’t mess anything up.” They are diehards when it comes to Detroit Sports.

My parents do a lot for me and I am sometimes given a hard time for it. For example, “Your parents buy you everything,” or “Your parents bought you a place on the team.” It was really bad back in high school and I got a lot of crap for it. If you have ever met my parents, you would not think they were stuck up, snobby, or high-maintenance. Instead, you would think that they are the most humble people you have ever met. They have taught me how to be humble when it comes to money and how to hold your head up high and not let anyone get me down. I have been through a lot with my family and believe that they are the greatest people I will ever meet. I am proud to call these two my parents and know that either of them drop what they were doing at any second to help me or my sister. These are only a few reasons why they are so great and why I am proud to call them my parents.