Why Being Short Is Honestly The Best Thing

We may be short but at least we're fun-sized.

320

When it comes to most friend groups, there is always that one friend who is the shortest of all. For years now, I have been lucky enough to claim that honor proudly. Being short always felt like such a bad thing to me, but once I started to realize the benefits outweighed the costs, I embraced my shortness because, yeah, I may be tiny, but at least I’m fun sized. Instead of focusing on the negatives, we should focus more on the positives because they matter so much more. Am I right, or am I right?

1. Legroom in almost any form of transportation will never really be a problem.

While all those lanky people have to fold themselves up just to fit in their seats, you get to lounge around being as comfortable as you possibly can be.

2. You can wear the tallest heels without feeling “too tall”.

Aw, look at you, you're almost the same height as everyone else now.

3. If you can’t reach something, there will always be a taller person around to help you out.

Yeah, you can climb up whatever structure that is holding you back from what you need, but if you’re too lazy there is usually someone taller around who is willing to help you out.

4. You can slip through crowds with more ease than others.

You can literally be as sly as a cat, just swooping in and swooping out. (Doo do, doo do, doo do doo do doo do do doo do doooooo. Yes that is from the Pink Panther, and if you got that reference, 10 points for you.)

5. Almost all kinds of clothes fit you, in a variety of different ways.

I mean you can shop in the petite, junior and children’s sections, so that’s more of a win than loss in my book. I mean, think of all the choices.

6. You always look younger than you are.

Yeah, you may get carded a lot even after you turn 21, but getting told you look younger than you are (especially in your late 20’s) is definitely a bonus.

7. You can limbo like a champ.

It’s like you’re practically walking underneath the pole and putting in the least amount of effort to lean back. So in the end, you know you're probably going to win.

8. You know that your date/significant other will probably always be taller than you.

Hey, at least us short ones, especially if we’re girls, know that there will be a better chance of us having kids that are taller than us.

9. When it comes down to it, you can pretty much fit anywhere, in any kind of space (hide-and-seek for example).

I mean, you can almost fit anywhere: in a closet, a cabinet, and for those of us that are really tiny, even a suitcase. This can come in handy when you’re trying to scare people because they’ll never see you coming.

10. When taking group pictures, you’re guaranteed to always be seen because you’re usually in the front.

The tall ones somehow always get blocked but you’re practically the star of the picture so start cheesin’ real hard and own it. (Peep me in the front row!)

11. Tall people tend to worry about hitting their heads on things, while we short people are just chilling.

While everyone else has to duck out of the way, you can walk proudly through whatever misfortune your taller friends have to endure. Poor stormtrooper on the right though.

12. No matter what, you are always everyone’s favorite person to hug because you are the perfect size for cuddles.

It is a known fact that short people give the best hugs and cuddles, so I mean who’s really winning here? Them or us?

Instead of thinking the shortness we possess is a curse, we should be thankful as if it is a blessing. Yeah, people like to make fun of us, but at the end of the day we know that they sometimes wish they were more like us. Because the most important thing to remember is that sometimes the best things come in small packages.