Why Being An INFJ Is Important In 2017

Why Being An INFJ Is Important In 2017

If you find you're an INFJ, be loud, be proud, and go make a difference.

314
Why Being An INFJ Is Important In 2017
pexels.com

I recently had a friend ask me what my personality type was. Not being the type to really believe in personality types or horoscopes or mood rings, etc. I never really understood how one word, color, constellation or letter could describe a whole entire group of people. Who's writing these things and why are they so creepily accurate?!

So I went home and answered a set of questions on 16personalities.com. The questions were straightforward and easy to answer and I didn't feel like any of them were trick questions. I was quickly fitted with "The Advocate Personality" (INFJ).

This wasn't the first time these letters had been used to describe me but after reading up, it was the first time I actually believed them. Here's why the world needs us:

INFJ's are described as determined and passionate.

Advocates will rock the boat if they have to, something not everyone likes to see, but their passion for their chosen cause is an inseparable part of their personality.

While it may not seem like boat-rockers are needed anywhere, that is far from the truth. I've always seen my unpopular opinions as things that I should be ashamed of. Nowadays, I've realized that not only are these the things that set me apart, but they are also the values that I'll tirelessly fight defend.

Having an unpopular opinion is not just a new way to be annoying. If it's truly something you believe in, then it should be something that you're determined to spread the word about-- not keep quiet.

Advocates have strong beliefs and take the actions that they do not because they are trying to advance themselves, but because they are trying to advance an idea that they truly believe will make the world a better place.

INFJ's are also described as perfectionists

Advocates are all but defined by their pursuit of ideals. While this is a wonderful quality in many ways, an ideal situation is not always possible – in politics, in business, in romance

The good thing about advocates is that our "perfectionism" allows us to believe that the ideal solution is always possible. To be honest, what's a compromise??? Determined to do good things the right way, INFJ personalities don't believe that we have to compromise on our road to finding solutions to messy and complicated problems.

16personalities sites Martin Luther King, Nelson Mandela and Mother Teresa as 'Advocates You May Know.' In their tireless pursuit of justice, fighting for what they believed in no matter who it made uncomfortable, its an honor to be associated with people of that caliber.

Go to 16personalities.com and take your short personality quiz. If you find you're an INFJ, be loud, be proud, and go make a difference.