7 Reasons Why Becoming 'Anti-Social' Media Might Not Be A Bad Idea

A list of social media trends that make your head spin.

565
Socialmedia-advisor.com

Since last Tuesday, social media has been an absolute nightmare. America was split with the election results and has brought out the worst in everyone. Many are calling the most genuine people, racist and the most intelligent folks, stupid. Families are fighting and friendships are being broken. This must stop.

Now, I will not sit here and act innocent. I wrote a few posts and shared a couple articles post-election, but after a few days, I realized it was pointless. All it was doing was causing fights and arguments. Even though my Facebook friends know, I was brought up to keep my opinions (especially political) to myself.

Social media is tearing people apart. This is not necessarily in regards to the election, although that did spark this article. I am talking about personal lives, as well. There are quite a few people on my Facebook page that feel the need to post every single action or emotion on their Facebook status. What ever happened to privacy? The world does not need to know why you are fighting with your boyfriend/girlfriend and the world does not care that you are getting a mani/pedi for the fifth time this month.

Here are a few trends on social media that need to stop:

1. Constantly posting about your relationship.

But don't forget the people are who post about how "in love" they are every other day. Once again, no body is bothered by the occasional post, but when it becomes an everyday thing, is when people begin to roll their eyes. We get it, you guys love each other, now be quiet and go back to posting pictures of your lunch so we can become annoyed about that, as well.

2. No one cares about what awful thing your best friend said about you, except you.

I'm sorry that your best friend called you self-absorbed because you find the need to post a selfie of yourself on Snapchat or Facebook every day. Maybe try talking to her one-on-one before you ruin your fake friendship even more.

3. Don't be the self-promoter

Please. I know this is could be part of your job, but please do not post 30 times in one day about buying your product or sharing your article (@ me). Did you not notice that your likes went for 56 to 2? Clearly, something went wrong. We know this is your job and a lot of gains in businesses are as a result to what you post, but in the end, most people end up hiding all your posts.

4. Real news or Facebook news?

How many times do we see someone post an article on Facebook about a conspiracy or news that just does not make sense? Then you look at the website address and it is not even words, just a bunch of letters and numbers followed by dot com. Stop believing everything you see on Facebook or Twitter. Social media is making people naïve and it should not be your only source for news.

6. "Back to the gym" with picture of workout clothes.

I feel like this post happens the most. We all have that person on our friend list who posts "back to the gym," "gotta stay fit," "can't stop, won't stop," every three months. You know, when they decide to go to the gym one day, randomly, and then they stop for like 3 months, and start again and feel the need to brag that they have a gym membership they never use.

7. The #healthyeater

A spin-off to "back to the gym" is the healthy eater. Did you not just post a picture of your double bacon cheeseburger with fried pickles on the side on your Snapchat like two days ago? Now you eat a salad, with extra Caesar dressing and post #healthyeating? Y'all make my head hurt.

Not everything we see in the media is true. Take the time to educate yourselves before sharing an article or image you find somewhere on Google. Stop sharing every detail about your life with the world. Keep your personal life and issues to yourself. In light of this election, we were really opened up to the dangers that social media can cause to a society.