Why Becoming A Mother Was The Best Thing To Happen To Me
Parents

It's a tiring job, but I wouldn't trade it for anything in the world.

1012
Ashley Sweeney

I found out I was pregnant with my daughter exactly one month before turning twenty-one.

I sort of already knew before taking both pregnancy tests in the box since I had been insanely tired the weeks before, but strangely enough, those little blue lines still left me sitting there pants down on the toilet, teary-eyed and speechless. I remember opening the bathroom door and telling my husband, who was surprisingly so okay with the news, and that was when our lives would begin to change for the better. Who would have thought that peeing on a little stick would change your life forever?

Months later, I gave birth to a tiny little girl who would end up being my best friend.

Now motherhood is no walk in the park. You sort of have to learn on the job, as well as being insanely tired, cleaning up bodily fluids, and dealing with fussy little humans, but it's also one of the most rewarding things in the world.

As I've turned from just a woman to a mother, I've seen it's the best thing to happen to me. I don't just take care of my daughter, but she takes care of me. She's taught me patience, and how to be selfless, she's shown me how to love a person unconditionally and how to care for one so much you never want to leave them. I hate how fast time is going by, but I love watching her grow.

I don't even know if I'm doing the whole mom thing right, but I know I wouldn't trade it for anything in the world. Becoming a mom gave me so much more purpose that I didn't think I'd ever need, but everything I do now is for the better of my daughter.

Becoming a mom is a full-time, consistent job and I couldn't be any luckier to have this job.