Why Are Girls So Complicated?

Why Are Girls So Complicated?

Even I don't know the answer to that...and I'm a girl.

5799
Why Are Girls So Complicated?

Face it, we all know it: women are complicated. When I say complicated, I mean like, there is truly no way to sum up or explain the twists, turns, nooks, or crannies of the mind of a female. We can say one thing but really mean the exact opposite, yet we still expect whoever we're talking to to understand what we mean. And when they inevitably DON'T understand what we mean, we get irritated/mad/frustrated at their supposed lack of understanding or caring. Or maybe that's just me. Who knows.

I'm a girl, and there's so many things I just don't understand about girls. Shouldn't I be someone that gets it, that understands, since, you know...I'M A GIRL? Yeah, I would think that too. But I don't. I wish I did. But alas, I don't. So maybe if I publicize my issues with my own kind, someone older and wiser can enlighten me on what exactly I'm not getting.

Life is basically just a competition between you and every other girl.

WHY CAN'T WE BE NICE TO EACH OTHER? REALLY? It's not hard, seriously. None of us bite Most of us don't bite. Like, if you're a stranger and you flash a smile at me as we walk past each other, that would make me feel wonderful. But noooo, instead, I get that awful up-down look. You know, when someone obviously checks you out from head to toe then proceeds with their stride with a smirk, straight face, or something else that isn't a smile. As if they're judging my outfit AND my purpose as a human being on this earth.

It's as if every girl that's as talented as you, as smart as you, or as good-looking as you is an automatic threat. But a threat to what, exactly? My happiness, my sanity, my well-being? Just because there's someone equally as good as me at something doesn't mean I have to go out of my way to try to be better than them. No one said life had to be a competition, but if we're going to make it one, why does it have to be 1v1? Why not try a thing called being a team?

She's a threat?...Take her down.

All I see on social media is girls putting down other girls. We spend so much time critiquing each other and trying to point out each others flaws, we forget that we're supposed to be empowering each other. Oh, that girl is really smart? Admire her intelligence instead of talking about how she's a nerd that spends all her time studying. Has a nice body? Use her as inspiration and motivation rather than calling her a slut for posting pictures of it. It's not all about you. Just be nice.

Being fake is apparently the only way to make friends.

When we're not viciously going at each others' throats, we're being fake. Don't get me wrong-you should always treat others with kindness no matter how you feel about them. But I see way too many instances when a group of girls are calling each other "best friends" and then talking crap about them the second they turn their back. Or being jealous of each other, or undermining each others' accomplishments. True friendship is about being supportive no matter what. Their happiness should also be your happiness. If that's not the case, then you aren't really friends. Sorry. Let them go.

~~~

Instead of being so judgmental and dramatic, maybe we should all be nice and be friends. Life would be so much better if we all got along and didn't trash-talk each other or steal each others' boyfriends. But maybe that's too much to ask for. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Side note: I'm not trying to generalize and say that every girl on the planet is like this, so please don't get offended. I'm lucky enough to know a few nice and decent human beings out there, and I'm sure that if you're reading this you're one of them. Keep doing you girlfriend.