Why I Am Thankful This Thanksgiving

Why I Am Thankful This Thanksgiving

If people were this grateful all year round, maybe more people would have something to be thankful for.

112
Why I Am Thankful This Thanksgiving
confessionsofahomeschooler

Thanksgiving is right around the corner, and of course, I have been thinking of all the things I am thankful for this year. Considering this has been a difficult year, it seems that I am significantly sentimental this upcoming holiday season. I believe I am most thankful for clarity. Being that this is just one simple word, it seems appropriate because so many different things can go under that category. I strongly believe that the struggles I have faced, have made me have the chance to figure out who I am and who I want to be as a person.

When I think back to last year, I remember how fragile I was, and how uncertain I was, in not only myself but the people around me. Now, I have had the chance to take a breath, and really discover what I want my life to look like. Before, I never got the chance to focus on myself, or the things I care about for that matter. Being that school is now able to be the main priority, I am achieving more than I could have hoped, and, cliche, but I am proud. Yes, proud of myself, but also the fact that I have made the people around me proud also. This is one of the first years where I got the chance to see the faces of people who truly care about me, and that are sincerely proud of me. I did not have to be the one to hang something on the fridge, it was done for me, and was not ignored.

Going through life, as difficult as it can be, should never be done alone. Relationships and family are incredibly important when it comes to one's happiness. We all struggle and all sometimes need someone to show some acknowledgment and make us feel important. I have found that surrounding myself with people who are loving and are positive has helped me appreciate life more.

I am thankful for my family, who love and support me.

I am thankful for my found passion of writing and literature.

I am thankful for being given the opportunity to accept who I am and be proud of myself.

I am thankful that all the people in which I care for, are healthy, and of course happy.

It is in a way sad, that we do not express all the things we are thankful for all year round. Maybe if you take anything from this, remember how nice it is to hear that someone cares for you and appreciates all that you do, and maybe return the favor. It is certainly rewarding to hear such things, but the satisfaction in making someone else smile, or turning their day around, is just, if not more rewarding.

For this holiday season, I say smile at anyone you see. Someone may be having a terrible day, they may be struggling, and wanting to give up. Any form of kindness may help that person to keep pushing. Maybe that person will be thankful for having met you.

Have a happy Thanksgiving!