Air Travel Sucks And Here Are 8 'First-World Problem' Reasons Why

Wait, the WiFi costs how much?

259
stocksnap.io

I have taken 11 flights over the past year and I have come to the conclusion that air travel really sucks. I mean yes, it is very efficient in the fact that you can get from one end of the coast of the United States to the other in about five hours or to another country across the ocean in less than a day, but at what cost.

1. If you value personal space, flying isn’t for you.

Millions of people go through airports daily and there’s only so much space. While in the airport there is a ton of lines to wait in, and for some reason, people think the correct amount of space between people is close enough that they are breathing on your neck. Not to mention once you finally get to your seat, you have barely enough space to fit your body and not even a hair of room to wiggle or get comfy.

2. It is ridiculously expensive.

Airports are businesses and so they have to make money, but dear lord do you have to charge THAT MUCH? The ticket alone is enough to make you question if the trip is worth it, but wait until you get to the airport also known as the land of $5 water bottles, $15 sandwiches, and $30 per day parking.

3. The flight will be late.

Even when the little sign says on time, it’s not on time. There will always be some kind of delay whether or not it is long enough they want to announce it is the issue. No matter the delay it is always frustrating.

4. Even though it’s a quicker method of travel, it takes longer than advertised.

You have to drive to the airport, be there about two hours before your departure time, get delayed, sit on the plane waiting to take off, sit through the duration of your flight, wait to get off the plane after you land, get your luggage, and drive from the airport. A three-hour flight might end up taking up your whole day.

5. There’s always a crying baby.

Children hate being in the airport more than anyone and they want to make sure not only their parents know, but everyone in the whole airport knows. Headphones can only drown out a hysterically screaming child for so long.

6. I need an outlet, but can’t find one.

It is essential that your phone is charged enough for the whole flight so you have something to entertain yourself. Even if you charged your phone the whole night before, after waiting at the airport for so long it needs a recharge and for some reason, there is NO CHARGER BY YOUR GATE, but you can’t leave because what if they start boarding while you’re gone.

7. The flight itself is kind of awful.

As mentioned earlier there isn’t much room and so it’s hard to get comfortable. Unlike a road trip, there are not cool slights to see out your window along the way, unless you think clouds are cool that is. If you want to try and get work done you have to wait for the time it is permitted to have large electronics out and then you have to buy the overpriced Wi-Fi. The seatbelt sign feels like it is always on conveniently when you have to go to the bathroom.

8. Even if you fly everyday day, it’s a little scary to be on a plane.

I mean come on, I know the physics are sound and it is obviously safe, but no matter what, the fact that hundreds of tons of metal is 40,000 feet up in the air will always be slightly unnerving.

Yes, I realize all there are very much first world problem, but that does not make them any less irritating.